You can make these ahead of time, keep them in the fridge and bake when ready. Another tip is make smaller parcels, bite sized, for pre-dinner drinks or an entrÃ©e.
You can swap the cream cheese with ricotta or even cottage cheese if you like. Take any leftovers the next day for lunch.
This recipe is low sugar, low fat and in high protein.
- 2 cups pumpkin, diced (300g)
- 1/2 onion, sliced
- 1 cup frozen baby peas
- 2 handfuls baby spinach leaves (100g)
- 1 zucchini, diced
- 8 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 8 sheets filo pastry (2 per serve)
- 15g crumbled feta
- 2 tbsp. cream cheese, light
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- Sprinkle smoked paprika
- Sprinkle oregano or herbs of your choice
- Cracked pepper to taste
- Cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 200C.
- In a large non-stick fry pan heat olive oil and cook onions for approx 5 minutes.Â Add pumpkin and continue to cook until nearly softened.
- Add to the pan zucchini, mushrooms, cooking for a further few minutes.Â Sprinkle some oregano and paprika over vegetables then add the garlic.
- Stir in the cream cheese, water and season with cracked pepper., Simmer for 2 more minutes, you can add a little more water if needed but not too much.
- Take pan off heat and set aside.
- On a clean bench lay out 1 sheet of filo, spray a small amount of cooking spray, add another sheet and spoon a quarter of the mixture onto the filo and wrap up like a parcel.Â Spray the top of the pastry and place on a baking tray lined with baking paper and continue with the remaining 3 parcels.
- Bake in oven for approx 15 minutes or until the top of the filo has turned golden.
- Serve with a side salad.
|Average Serve||Average 100g|
|Energy||2040 kJ||572 kJ|
|487 Cal||137 Cal|
|Protein||18.8 g||5.3 g|
|Fat, total||9.2 g||2.6 g|
|- Saturated||2.6 g||0.7 g|
|Carbohydrate||75.6 g||21.2 g|
|- Sugars||10.4 g||2.9 g|
|Sodium||788 mg||221 mg|