Low GI recipes are a good choice for those of us who are dieting to lose weight because they release energy slowly and keep us feeling fuller longer. If you don't want an Indian flavour just omit this step and add your favourite fresh or dried herbs for an Italian flavour.
This recipe is low carb, low saturated fat, good source of protein and low sugar.
- 4 medium field mushrooms
- 1 garlic, crushed
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 cup chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup diced tomatoes (fresh or canned)
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1/4 cup water, if needed
- 1 tsp. indian curry paste (optional)
- Preheat oven 180C. (Option to grill or pan fry mushrooms)
- Spray mushrooms with olive oil and heat until cooked. Set aside.
- Preheat small pot over low - medium heat.
- Add olive oil and saute onion for 5 mins. Add garlic, chickpeas, tomato and curry paste. Simmer for 10 mins. Add water if needed.
- Serve chickpea mixture on top of mushrooms and serve immediately.
|Average Serve||Average 100g|
|Energy||848 kJ||348 kJ|
|203 Cal||83 Cal|
|Protein||9.9 g||4.1 g|
|Fat, total||10.4 g||4.3 g|
|- Saturated||1.5 g||0.6 g|
|Carbohydrate||13 g||5.3 g|
|- Sugars||5.3 g||2.2 g|
|Sodium||381 mg||156 mg|