Everybody loves hamburgers, but because of their association with fast food, they have a reputation for being fattening and certainly not deserving of a spot on a weight loss diet.
This reputation is unfortunate, because hamburgers can be very nutritious and be a stample item on a weight loss diet.
- 250g Lean Heart Smart Beef Mince
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 1 tsp. dried onion flakes
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 apple, peeled and grated
- 1/4 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 tsp. oregano or marjaram
- 1 tbsp. tomato relish or chutney
- 1 tsp. dijon mustard
- 1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 2 wholmeal or mutligrain rolls
- 1 Sliced Tomato
- In a large mixing bowl add the beef, and all ingredients except the rolls tomato and lettuce.
- Mix together with hands and roll into 2 patties.
- Preheat a griddle pan sprayed with cooking spray.
- Cook for 4 minutes on each side (or until you think ready).
- Cut rolls and place on griddle pan the inside down just so it is lightly toasted.
- Dress rolls with lettuce, tomato and place patty on top.
- Finish off with Tomato Sauce if desired.
|Average Serve||Average 100g|
|Energy||2590 kJ||611 kJ|
|619 Cal||146 Cal|
|Protein||49 g||11.6 g|
|Fat, total||12.6 g||3.0 g|
|- Saturated||4.7 g||1.1 g|
|Carbohydrate||70.6 g||16.7 g|
|- Sugars||26.9 g||4.0 g|
|Sodium||907 mg||214 mg|