If you like to enjoy your meatball subs as we do, just whack a few meatballs in a soft roll and you're good to go. If you like to add a bit of greenery to your subs, just mix up your favourite salad and whack it atop the meatballs.
- 4 long rolls, crusty or soft
- Optional desired salad ingredients
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 250g pork mince
- 1 tablespoon dried onions
- 1 teaspoon ground garlic
- 1 tablespoons chutney or relish
- 1 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons breadcrumbs
- Salt and pepper
- 1 can crushed tomatoes
- 2 slices short cut bacon
- ½ onion, sliced
- 1 teaspoon garlic
- 1 teaspoon Italian herbs
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- ½ cup water
- In a large bowl place all meatball ingredients and mix well with your hands. Roll into tiny meatballs, between a 10 and 20 cents coin diameter. Place on a plate then place in fridge until ready to cook.
- In a large non-stick pan or wok, heat 1 teaspoon of olive oil and place the meatballs in pan and brown, approx. 3-4 minutes, keep shifting them around so all sides are browned. Take off heat and place on a new plate, set.
- Keep pan going on med heat and add remaining oil, add onions and stir fry for 4-5 minutes. Then add bacon and cook until bacon has coloured. Add canned tomatoes, garlic, herbs, sugar, water and season with salt and pepper. Now add meatballs back to pan. Simmer for 5-10 mins on low heat.
- Take your long rolls, place meatballs and some of the sauce, add desired salad ingredients.
Servings: 4 Serving size:318g
|Average Serve||Average 100g|
|Energy||1480 kJ||466 kJ|
|353 Cal||111 Cal|
|Protein||23.9 g||7.5 g|
|Fat, total||12.0 g||3.8 g|
|- Saturated||4.0 g||1.2 g|
|Carbohydrate||34.5 g||10.9 g|
|- Sugars||9.8 g||3.1 g|
|Sodium||644 mg||202 mg|
This ebook contains 20 of our favourite chicken recipes. These include Cartwheel of Chicken, Spanish Chicken, Dijon Chicken, Risotto, Butter Chicken, Creamy Chicken Pasta, Honey Chicken, Honey Citrus Salad, Chicken Broccoli Bake, & more.
This collection of drinks recipes ranges from smoothies to juices. Most of these include fruit so they are a great way to tick off your daily fruit intake. This ebook includes 11 delicious recipes which you can print or save to your tablet or computer.
This printable eBook has a variety of vegetarian recipes including Risotto, Chickpea Burger, Vegetarian Fried Rice, Sweet Potato Bake, Stuffed Tomatoes, Semolina Gnocchi, Frittata, Curry Puffs, Zucchini Bake, Moroccan Tagine.
This printable eBook has great muffin recipes which include Apple & Cinnamon, Chocolate & Banana, Banana Almond & Cinnamon, Peach & Blueberry, Pear & Raspberry, Peach & Fig Baby Cakes, Gluten Free Choc Pear, & Banana & Sultana.
The Stir Frys in this printable eBook include Beef & Vegetable, Sesame Chicken, Beef Chow Mein, Chinese Orange Pork Stir Fry, Thai Chilli Beef, Vietnamese Pork Stir Fry, Beef & Blackbean, Ginger Chicken, Thai Chilli Pork, Vietnamese Chicken Stir Fry.
Winter time all you want is comfort food. These 10 recipes will satisfy your craving for warm filling dinners without the guilt. This PDF can be printed or saved to your tablet or computer.
If you are not on a carb free diet then this is perfect. Pastas are great to cook after work as they can incorporate vegetables and meat as a tasty, easy to make dish. This PDF can be printed or saved to your tablet or computer.
In this ebook there are breakfasts featuring plenty of fruit and vegetables, as well as dairy, and meat, so there's sure to be something for everyone. This PDF can be printed or saved to your tablet or computer.