Capsicums are high in vitamin C, rich in beta carotene and folate, assist in lowering blood pressure and break down cholesterol build up.
If you want to add a protein source to this sandwich, chicken breast is a great option. This recipe is low sugar, low saturated fat and high protein.
- 1 pita bread
- 1 tbsp. tzatiki
- Strips of red capsicum (we used from jar)
- 1/2 tomato, sliced
- 2 mushrooms, sliced
- 1 slice reduced fat swiss cheese
- Spread both sides of bread with dip.
- Layer ingredients and season with S&P.
- Serve immediately or toast in sandwich press if desired (until golden brown).
|Average Serve||Average 100g|
|Energy||1740 kJ||631 kJ|
|416 Cal||151 Cal|
|Protein||19.3 g||7.0 g|
|Fat, total||13.2 g||4.8 g|
|- Saturated||4.0 g||1.5 g|
|Carbohydrate||51.4 g||18.7 g|
|- Sugars||7.0 g||2.5 g|
|Sodium||622 mg||226 mg|