While they are delicious made the way suggested, you can be creative and add things like lettuce, olives and fetta for a variety of different flavour dimensions if you like.
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 1 teaspoon olive oil.
- 1 can red kidney beans or pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 large onion sliced
- ½ red capsicum sliced
- ½ yellow capsicum sliced
- 4 button mushrooms, med sized sliced
- 1 cup water
- 1 packet taco seasoning mix, salt reduced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chilli paste or chopped chilli
- ¼ cup fresh coriander leaves, chopped
- Lemon Juice, fresh
- ½ cup diced tomatoes, can is fine
- ½ cup light sour cream
- ½ cup light tasty cheese
- ½ avocado finely sliced
- 6 x 97% fat free wraps or burritos
- Cook brown rice as per instructions, set aside.
- In a wok or large non-stick fry pan, heat a teaspoon of olive oil, and cook onions for 5 mins on med heat. Then add the capsicums and stir frying for another 5 mins, you want a bit of colour.
- Now add Mushrooms.
- Now add red kidney beans, then add the cumin and chilli. Stir fry for a couple more mins then add rice. Sprinkle the taco seasoning mixture over rice in stages. Add tomatoes; if you need some moisture in the mixture add some of the water. This will depend if you want a really dry mix or a slightly wetter mix.
- Squeeze lemon and add coriander leaves, stir cook a further 2 minutes.
- Serve in your wraps; place a toothpick to hold together. Drizzle sour cream, cheese and place sliced avocado on top. Option to add sweet chilli sauce or salsa.
Servings: 6 Serving size:327g
|Average Serve||Average 100g|
|Energy||1500 kJ||459 kJ|
|358 Cal||110 Cal|
|Protein||14.2 g||4.3 g|
|Fat, total||9.5 g||2.9 g|
|- Saturated||3.5 g||1.1 g|
|Carbohydrate||48.6 g||14.9 g|
|- Sugars||8.4 g||2.6 g|
|Sodium||632 mg||193 mg|
This ebook contains 20 of our favourite chicken recipes. These include Cartwheel of Chicken, Spanish Chicken, Dijon Chicken, Risotto, Butter Chicken, Creamy Chicken Pasta, Honey Chicken, Honey Citrus Salad, Chicken Broccoli Bake, & more.
This collection of drinks recipes ranges from smoothies to juices. Most of these include fruit so they are a great way to tick off your daily fruit intake. This ebook includes 11 delicious recipes which you can print or save to your tablet or computer.
This printable eBook has a variety of vegetarian recipes including Risotto, Chickpea Burger, Vegetarian Fried Rice, Sweet Potato Bake, Stuffed Tomatoes, Semolina Gnocchi, Frittata, Curry Puffs, Zucchini Bake, Moroccan Tagine.
This printable eBook has great muffin recipes which include Apple & Cinnamon, Chocolate & Banana, Banana Almond & Cinnamon, Peach & Blueberry, Pear & Raspberry, Peach & Fig Baby Cakes, Gluten Free Choc Pear, & Banana & Sultana.
The Stir Frys in this printable eBook include Beef & Vegetable, Sesame Chicken, Beef Chow Mein, Chinese Orange Pork Stir Fry, Thai Chilli Beef, Vietnamese Pork Stir Fry, Beef & Blackbean, Ginger Chicken, Thai Chilli Pork, Vietnamese Chicken Stir Fry.
Winter time all you want is comfort food. These 10 recipes will satisfy your craving for warm filling dinners without the guilt. This PDF can be printed or saved to your tablet or computer.
If you are not on a carb free diet then this is perfect. Pastas are great to cook after work as they can incorporate vegetables and meat as a tasty, easy to make dish. This PDF can be printed or saved to your tablet or computer.
In this ebook there are breakfasts featuring plenty of fruit and vegetables, as well as dairy, and meat, so there's sure to be something for everyone. This PDF can be printed or saved to your tablet or computer.