Mushrooms are low in calories, fat and sodium, and high in fibre, making them a perfect weight loss diet food. Remember to use salt reduced stock, we used vegetable powdered stock mixed with hot water.
This recipe is low sodium, low sugar, low carb, low fat and a good source of protein.
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 cup aborio rice
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/4 red capsicum, dice
- 1/2 onion, sliced
- 4 field mushrooms
- 2 tbsp. fresh parmesan cheese
- 11/2 cups vegetable stock, heated
- Handful roquette
- Heat a small non stick frypan, place olive oil and saute onion until softened, medium heat.
- Add rice to onion and a little of the heated stock. Stir, make sure the heat is on low. Once all liquid absorbed add more stock. Stirring, add garlic.
- Making sure the liquid is well absorbed by the rice, keep stirring and adding more liquid until the rice is cooked through. If needed add more water to ensure the rice is cooked.
- Once cooked add grated parmesan cheese and roquette a nd cook until roquette has softened or if you like it crunchy add it and turn off heat.
- Place risotto on top of each mushroom and serve immediately.
|Average Serve||Average 100g|
|Energy||821 kJ||232 kJ|
|196 Cal||55 Cal|
|Protein||10.5 g||3.0 g|
|Fat, total||10.4 g||3.0 g|
|- Saturated||3.0 g||0.9 g|
|Carbohydrate||12.9 g||3.6 g|
|- Sugars||1.7 g||0.5 g|
|Sodium||150 mg||43 mg|