This Salmon Kebab recipe is a delicious, quick and easy lunch which is perfect as part of a weight loss diet.Salmon is regarded as a superfood because it is so high in Omega 3 fatty acids and other nutrients essential to good health and wellbeing.
You can include any vegetable you like, some suggestions are onion, capsicum, eggplant.
This recipe is low sodium, low sugar, low carb, high protein.
- 4 bamboo skewers, soaked for at least ½ hour
- 300g salmon, skin and bones removed cut into 2cm squares
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 8 button mushrooms
- 1/2 zucchini sliced
- 8 cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup quinoa cooked in 11/2 cups water for 10-15 mins
- 1 lemon or lime, squeezed
- Handful of lettuce or spinach
- Cook quinoa in small pot or microwave. When cooked season with salt and pepper and squeeze 1/2 lemon juice. Mix and set aside.
- Thread skewers, alternating mushrooms, tomato, salmon, and zucchini aiming for at least 2 of each veg on kebab and 3 of the salmon.
- Squeeze 1/2 lemon juice over kebabs and drizzle a touch of olive oil, season with salt and pepper to taste. Heat BBQ and cook 4-5 minutes turning to avoid burning.
- Salmon should not be cooked all the way through, as you still want it to be soft and moist.
- Serve on bed of quinoa and lettuce, serve immediately.
|Average Serve||Average 100g|
|Energy||1660 kJ||548 kJ|
|396 Cal||131 Cal|
|Protein||43.6 g||14.4 g|
|Fat, total||21.0 g||6.9 g|
|- Saturated||5.1 g||1.7 g|
|Carbohydrate||6.7 g||2.2 g|
|- Sugars||2.1 g||0.7 g|
|Sodium||84 mg||28 mg|