The dish is supposed to be relatively dry, so make sure you dont make this too sloppy or saucy.
Singapore noodles are not actually found in Singapore, they tend to be found in western Chinese restaurants or Cantonese restaurants.
- 1 pkt Rice Vermicelli Noodles (200g / 7oz)
- 4 tsp. sesame oil (can use veg oil)
- 200g pork fillet, trimmed (200g / 7oz), sliced
- 20 med uncooked prawns (aka shrimp), tails on
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tsp. crushed ginger
- 1 large onion, sliced half moon
- 1 large red capsicum (aka bell pepper), sliced
- 3 heaped tsp. curry powder
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 2 cups bean sprouts, washed
- 4 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1 large carrot shredded
- ¼ cup water
- Boil kettle, place noodles in a large bowl, and pour over hot water so it covers the noodles. Soak for 5 mins, then drain and leave in colander until ready.
- In a wok or large non-stick frypan heat 1 tsp. sesame oil, and stir fry for 2 mins the pork so it has browned on all sides. Place on plate and set aside.
- Heat tsp. sesame oil and stir fry prawns until starting to change colour. Place on plate and set aside.
- Heat 1 tsp. sesame oil and stir fry onion and red pepper for 5 mins on high heat. Place on plate and set aside.
- Heat 1 tsp. sesame oil on med heat and place curry powder, turmeric, ginger and garlic. Stir until aroma comes through. Add the onion mixture back to pan, stir. Add water and simmer 1 minute. Add sprouts and grated carrot, stir fry for a couple of minutes.
- Now place drained noodles, if stuck together just run under water to unstick, add to pan as well as the pork. Stir until incorporated. Once all incorporated add prawns carefully. Stir again for 1 minute.
- Serve on plate, option to squeeze lime overtop or serve with wedge.
Servings: 4 Serving size:385g
|Average Serve||Average 100g|
|Energy||1300 kJ||338 kJ|
|310 Cal||81 Cal|
|Protein||38.3 g||10.0 g|
|Fat, total||6.8 g||1.8 g|
|- Saturated||1.2 g||0.3 g|
|Carbohydrate||19.9 g||5.2 g|
|- Sugars||8.5 g||2.2 g|
|Sodium||1100 mg||285 mg|
This ebook contains 20 of our favourite chicken recipes. These include Cartwheel of Chicken, Spanish Chicken, Dijon Chicken, Risotto, Butter Chicken, Creamy Chicken Pasta, Honey Chicken, Honey Citrus Salad, Chicken Broccoli Bake, & more.
This collection of drinks recipes ranges from smoothies to juices. Most of these include fruit so they are a great way to tick off your daily fruit intake. This ebook includes 11 delicious recipes which you can print or save to your tablet or computer.
This printable eBook has a variety of vegetarian recipes including Risotto, Chickpea Burger, Vegetarian Fried Rice, Sweet Potato Bake, Stuffed Tomatoes, Semolina Gnocchi, Frittata, Curry Puffs, Zucchini Bake, Moroccan Tagine.
This printable eBook has great muffin recipes which include Apple & Cinnamon, Chocolate & Banana, Banana Almond & Cinnamon, Peach & Blueberry, Pear & Raspberry, Peach & Fig Baby Cakes, Gluten Free Choc Pear, & Banana & Sultana.
The Stir Frys in this printable eBook include Beef & Vegetable, Sesame Chicken, Beef Chow Mein, Chinese Orange Pork Stir Fry, Thai Chilli Beef, Vietnamese Pork Stir Fry, Beef & Blackbean, Ginger Chicken, Thai Chilli Pork, Vietnamese Chicken Stir Fry.
Winter time all you want is comfort food. These 10 recipes will satisfy your craving for warm filling dinners without the guilt. This PDF can be printed or saved to your tablet or computer.
If you are not on a carb free diet then this is perfect. Pastas are great to cook after work as they can incorporate vegetables and meat as a tasty, easy to make dish. This PDF can be printed or saved to your tablet or computer.
In this ebook there are breakfasts featuring plenty of fruit and vegetables, as well as dairy, and meat, so there's sure to be something for everyone. This PDF can be printed or saved to your tablet or computer.