We have used frozen raw prawns with the tails on as these are readily available in all supermarkets however it is always best to use fresh if you have access to these.
This recipe is low sugar, low fat and high protein.
- 50g rice noodles, vermicelli
- 4 cups hot chicken stock, Massel
- ½ onion, diced
- 20g chorizo, sliced finely
- ¼ red capsicum, chopped
- 2-3 strands saffron
- 50g mushrooms, sliced
- 3 tsp. olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- Pinch chilli flakes
- 10 (130g) medium raw prawns, tails on
- ½ cup canned chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- Sprinkle smoked paprika
- Heat a medium pot with 1 tsp. olive oil and sauté onion and capsicum for a few minutes. Add chorizo, continuing to sauté until cooked. Sprinkle a little smoked paprika, stirring, and then add the hot chicken stock, chickpeas and saffron, turning heat down to a simmer.
- Meanwhile in a small non-stick frypan add 1 tsp. olive oil and sauté sliced mushrooms, season with pinch of chilli flakes, salt and pepper, and sprinkle a tiny bit more of smoked paprika. Once cooked add to pot. Wipe pan with paper towel and add 1 tsp. olive oil. Cook prawns on high heat for 2 minutes, then add the garlic, stirring a further minute then add to pot.
- Add to the soup whilst simmering the rice noodles, which will take approx 4-5 minutes to soften. Serve into 2 bowls with a squeeze of lime if you like.
Servings: 2 Serving size:731g
|Average Serve||Average 100g|
|Energy||1430 kJ||196 kJ|
|342 Cal||47 Cal|
|Protein||21.8 g||3 g|
|Fat, total||11.2 g||1.5 g|
|- saturated||2.4 g||0.3 g|
|Carbohydrate||33.3 g||4.6 g|
|- sugars||4.3 g||0.6 g|
|Sodium||1120 mg||153 mg|
This ebook contains 20 of our favourite chicken recipes. These include Cartwheel of Chicken, Spanish Chicken, Dijon Chicken, Risotto, Butter Chicken, Creamy Chicken Pasta, Honey Chicken, Honey Citrus Salad, Chicken Broccoli Bake, & more.
This collection of drinks recipes ranges from smoothies to juices. Most of these include fruit so they are a great way to tick off your daily fruit intake. This ebook includes 11 delicious recipes which you can print or save to your tablet or computer.
This printable eBook has a variety of vegetarian recipes including Risotto, Chickpea Burger, Vegetarian Fried Rice, Sweet Potato Bake, Stuffed Tomatoes, Semolina Gnocchi, Frittata, Curry Puffs, Zucchini Bake, Moroccan Tagine.
This printable eBook has great muffin recipes which include Apple & Cinnamon, Chocolate & Banana, Banana Almond & Cinnamon, Peach & Blueberry, Pear & Raspberry, Peach & Fig Baby Cakes, Gluten Free Choc Pear, & Banana & Sultana.
The Stir Frys in this printable eBook include Beef & Vegetable, Sesame Chicken, Beef Chow Mein, Chinese Orange Pork Stir Fry, Thai Chilli Beef, Vietnamese Pork Stir Fry, Beef & Blackbean, Ginger Chicken, Thai Chilli Pork, Vietnamese Chicken Stir Fry.
Winter time all you want is comfort food. These 10 recipes will satisfy your craving for warm filling dinners without the guilt. This PDF can be printed or saved to your tablet or computer.
If you are not on a carb free diet then this is perfect. Pastas are great to cook after work as they can incorporate vegetables and meat as a tasty, easy to make dish. This PDF can be printed or saved to your tablet or computer.
In this ebook there are breakfasts featuring plenty of fruit and vegetables, as well as dairy, and meat, so there's sure to be something for everyone. This PDF can be printed or saved to your tablet or computer.