Spinach is extremely rich in antioxidants, is a a rich source of iron, and is high in calcium. Ricotta is high in protein, calcium, omega fatty acids, vitamins and minerals. Combined, these ingredients provide a very nutritious and delicious base for this Cannelloni.
- 500g Light Ricotta
- 500g Frozen Spinach Defrosted and all water squeezed out
- 50g Parmesan Cheese
- 400g Fresh Cannelloni Sheets (or Fresh Lasagne Sheets Cut to desired length)
- 500g Passata (we used Val Verde Brand)
- 3 garlic cloves peeled and crushed
- Cracked Pepper
- ½ cup water
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Make sure you have squeezed out all the water once the spinach has been defrosted. Place in a large bowl with the Ricotta, Parmesan Cheese and crushed garlic. Season with some cracked pepper. Mix ingredients (using your hands is usually the best) making sure all is incorporated.
- Grab a lasagne dish or oven dish long enough to take 12-16 cannelloni or use 2 smaller dishes. Place half of the passata on the bottom of the dish with ½ cup water.
- Lay out one of the fresh sheets on a bench, take a portion of the mix and place along one side then roll up. Place all in dish along side of each other. Pour the rest of the passata on top. Make sure all of the pasta is covered with the sauce. You can sprinkle a little cheese on top however we have not included the extra cheese in the nutritionals.
- Bake in oven for 25-30 mins.
- Serve 3 portions onto plate with a side salad.
|Average Serve||Average 100g|
|Energy||2200 kJ||418 kJ|
|525 Cal||100 Cal|
|Protein||31.2 g||5.9 g|
|Fat, total||15.5 g||2.9 g|
|- Saturated||7.5 g||1.4 g|
|Carbohydrate||56.6 g||10.7 g|
|- Sugars||10.2 g||1.9 g|
|Sodium||848 mg||161 mg|