As well as being low in fat and a good source of protein, it's also low in sugar and sodium. Try it for lunch and share with a friend. You might have found a healthy and tasty dish to add to your lunchtime repertoire.
- 1/2 large sweet potato
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1 tbsp. cajun spice mix
- 1 tsp. smoked paprika
- Large handful fresh baby spinach leaves
- 1/4 red capsicum, diced
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 2 tsp, dijon mustard
- 1 apple, chopped
- In a medium pot heat olive oil, med heat. Add onions and capsicum and saute for 5 mins, until softened.
- Add garlic, cajun spice mix & smoked paprika and stir for 30 seconds.
- Add sweet potato and tomatoes and simmer for 5 mins, you might need to add the water in at this stage.
- Once simmering after the 5 mins add the chickpeas, mustard, lemon juice, stir then simmer a further 10 mins.
- If the consistancy is too thick, add a little more water. Now add the apple and spinach, simmering a further 5 mins. You want the apple to be firm so don't over cook.
- When ready, serve with cous cous or a dollop of natural yoghurt.
Servings: 4 Serving size:279g
|Average Serve||Average 100g|
|Energy||784 kJ||281 kJ|
|187 Cal||67 Cal|
|Protein||6.4 g||2.3 g|
|Fat, total||5.0 g||1.8 g|
|- Saturated||0.7 g||0.2 g|
|Carbohydrate||24.7 g||8.8 g|
|- Sugars||10.9 g||3.9 g|
|Sodium||232 mg||83 mg|
This ebook contains 20 of our favourite chicken recipes. These include Cartwheel of Chicken, Spanish Chicken, Dijon Chicken, Risotto, Butter Chicken, Creamy Chicken Pasta, Honey Chicken, Honey Citrus Salad, Chicken Broccoli Bake, & more.
This collection of drinks recipes ranges from smoothies to juices. Most of these include fruit so they are a great way to tick off your daily fruit intake. This ebook includes 11 delicious recipes which you can print or save to your tablet or computer.
This printable eBook has a variety of vegetarian recipes including Risotto, Chickpea Burger, Vegetarian Fried Rice, Sweet Potato Bake, Stuffed Tomatoes, Semolina Gnocchi, Frittata, Curry Puffs, Zucchini Bake, Moroccan Tagine.
This printable eBook has great muffin recipes which include Apple & Cinnamon, Chocolate & Banana, Banana Almond & Cinnamon, Peach & Blueberry, Pear & Raspberry, Peach & Fig Baby Cakes, Gluten Free Choc Pear, & Banana & Sultana.
The Stir Frys in this printable eBook include Beef & Vegetable, Sesame Chicken, Beef Chow Mein, Chinese Orange Pork Stir Fry, Thai Chilli Beef, Vietnamese Pork Stir Fry, Beef & Blackbean, Ginger Chicken, Thai Chilli Pork, Vietnamese Chicken Stir Fry.
Winter time all you want is comfort food. These 10 recipes will satisfy your craving for warm filling dinners without the guilt. This PDF can be printed or saved to your tablet or computer.
If you are not on a carb free diet then this is perfect. Pastas are great to cook after work as they can incorporate vegetables and meat as a tasty, easy to make dish. This PDF can be printed or saved to your tablet or computer.
In this ebook there are breakfasts featuring plenty of fruit and vegetables, as well as dairy, and meat, so there's sure to be something for everyone. This PDF can be printed or saved to your tablet or computer.