Placing the salad in a wrap adds a fun dimension to the dish and makes it easier to eat and easier to get a balance of flavours from all the wonderful ingredients.
These wraps can be enjoyed warm or cold and make a great lunch recipe.
- 1 Large chicken breast, skin off
- ½ cup Low fat natural Yoghurt
- 2 tbls tandoori paste, we used Pataks Brand
- ½ teaspoon crushed garlic
- ½ teaspoon crushed ginger
- Squeeze Lime
- ¼ cup capsicum strips (we used from jar)
- ½ cup lettuce
- ½ tomato
- 30g Fetta, premium brand
- ¼ sliced red onion
- 2 tablespoons Low fat natural Yoghurt
- 6 mint leaves
- 1 tablespoons grated cucumber
- Squeeze lime
- 2 Light Tortillas or Pita Bread
- In a bowl place the tandoori paste with yoghurt, garlic and ginger.
- If the chicken is very thick give it a belt between some cling film with a rolling pin or meat mullet so it is nearly even. Cut into long lengths and marinate in the tandoori / yoghurt mixture in the fridge. Make sure all chicken is covered with mixture. Marinate for at least ½ hour, more if time prevails .you can do this maybe in the morning ready for dinner.
- Spray then heat griddle pan or BBQ on high heat, around 5-10 minutes.
- Turn heat to med-high then cook chicken for around 10 minutes.
- Whilst chicken is cooking arrange tortillas on bench. Divide salad ingredients up on to the wrap towards one side.
- Mix the dressing ingredients together.
- Once chicken is cooked take off heat and sit on a board. Squeeze ½ lime onto chicken. Slice the chicken.
- Place sliced chicken on top of salad ingredients, drizzle the dressing over the chicken.
- Now carefully roll tightly the wrap, either tie each end with string or hold together with toothpicks.
- Wraps can be made ahead of time, wrap up in cling film or foil and store in the fridge.
|Average Serve||Average 100g|
|Energy||2280 kJ||562 kJ|
|545 Cal||134 Cal|
|Protein||57.8 g||14.2 g|
|Fat, total||11.9 g||2.9 g|
|- Saturated||5.0 g||1.2 g|
|Carbohydrate||48.1 g||11.8 g|
|- Sugars||12.7 g||3.1 g|
|Sodium||1120 mg||276 mg|