Make sure to make you own bread crumbs, just one slice of multigrain bread in a processer for a minute, and presto, you have homemade breadcrumbs. Other ingredients you can add to this burger are coriander, chilli or chilli paste, and parsley.
Burger Patty Ingredients
- 500g chicken mince
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tsp. ginger, crushed
- 2 tbsp. soy sauce, salt reduced
- 2 tbsp. lime juice
- 1 tbsp. red curry paste
- 2 tsp. fish sauce
- 1 tsp. brown sugar
- 2 spring onions, sliced finely
- 10-15 fresh mint leaves, chopped
- 1/3 cup fresh bread crumbs (1 slice multigrain bread processed)
Burger Bun Ingredients
- 2 tomatoes, sliced
- 2 handfuls baby spinach leaves
- 2 multigrain bread rolls, half for each person (no top)
- ½ cucumber, sliced thinly
- In a large mixing bowl place all burger ingredients and mix until all fully incorporated. Divide mixture into 4 and roll each into patties.
- Spray your BBQ or griddle pan with cooking spray then heat. When hot cook burgers for about 5 mins each side, depending how thick you have made your patties however ensure fully cooked. Take off heat, place on plate, cover with foil and let rest.
- Meanwhile lay your half buns onto plate, option to toast if you like. Dress with salad ingredients. Place you burgers on top of salad ingredients. Option to drizzle a little sweet chilli sauce if you like over burger.
|Average Serve||Average 100g|
|Energy||1680 kJ||603 kJ|
|401 Cal||144 Cal|
|Protein||38.8 g||13.9 g|
|Fat, total||15.6 g||5.6 g|
|- Saturated||4.5 g||1.6 g|
|Carbohydrate||23.0 g||8.3 g|
|- Sugars||4.1 g||1.5 g|
|Sodium||1010 mg||362 mg|