Fish recipes are popular with those of us on a diet because it's low in fat, high in protein and contains omega 3 fatty acids. The beauty of this recipe is that it is very tasty and very quick and easy to cook.
To avoid your fish cakes becoming rubbery, do not overcook them, however traditional thai cakes are meant to be rubbery.
- 400g white fish, snapper, flake, hake, cod etc
- 1 tbsp. red curry paste
- 1 egg, whisked with fork
- 3 spring onions
- 1 red chilli or chilli paste
- 1 tbsp. sweet chilli sauce
- 1 tbsp. chopped coriander
- 2 tbsp. peanut oil
- 1 slice multigrain bread, made into breadcrumbs
- 1 lemon for garnish
- Place fish, curry paste, oniuon, chilli, sweet chilli sauce, coriander and 1/2 egg into a food processor until smooth. Add breadcrumbs until incorporated.
- Splash some cold water onto your clean hands and form the mixture into 8 even patties, slightly flattened.
- Heat non stick frypan on medium heat and drizzle peanut oil.
- Cook patties 3-4 minutes each side until cooked through, you can finish off in oven if you like.
- Drain on paper towels and serve with sweet chilli sauce or lemon.
|Average Serve||Average 100g|
|Energy||482 kJ||790 kJ|
|115 Cal||189 Cal|
|Protein||14.2 g||21.6 g|
|Fat, total||5.0 g||7.5 g|
|- Saturated||1.2 g||1.8 g|
|Carbohydrate||3.1 g||4.7 g|
|- Sugars||1.3 g||1.9 g|
|Sodium||129 mg||195 mg|