You can use canned salmon if you prefer or even smoked salmon would work. You can make a variation of this by swapping the cream cheese with cottage cheese but it will alter the taste and texture.
This recipe is low salt, low sugar, low carb, high protein.
- 2 large field mushrooms (200g)
- 1 small can tuna, drained
- 1 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 60g cream cheese, reduced fat
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tbsp. chives
- 10g crumbled feta
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 180C. Line an oven tray with baking paper.
- Place your mushrooms onto the baking tray. Spray both sides with cooking spray and spread the crushed garlic on the inside of the mushrooms. Cook in oven for 10 mins, or until just tender.
- Meanwhile in a small bowl mix the tuna, lemon juice, chives, cream cheese, and feta. Season with salt and pepper. Once mushrooms are cooked take out of oven and divide mixture into cups. Place back into oven and cook about 5 more minutes.
- Serve onto plates with a side salad and garnish with chopped chives.
|Average Serve||Average 100g|
|Energy||936 kJ||503 kJ|
|224 Cal||120 Cal|
|Protein||14.7 g||7.9 g|
|Fat, total||17.3 g||9.3 g|
|- saturated||8.5 g||4.6 g|
|Carbohydrate||1.6 g||0.9 g|
|- sugars||1.5 g||0.8 g|
|Sodium||295 mg||159 mg|