Tuna is naturally low in saturated fat and full of healthy nutrients making it the perfect diet food.
If you would like to use flavoured tuna - go ahead, just don't forget to use tuna that has been packed in water instead of oil.Any type of lettuce leaves can be used for this recipe, cos, iceberg just to name a few. Olives can be added for extra flavour too.
This recipe is low fat, low sodium, low sugar, low carb and high protein.
- 2 x small can tuna (95g), drained
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 1 small carrot, grated
- 1/4 cup corn
- 1/2 cup butter beans or cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 red capsicum, diced
- Squeeze of half a lemon
- Splash of balsamic vinegar (optional)
- 4 lettuce cup leaves
- Cracked pepper
- Place tuna, tomato, carrot, beans, capsicum and carrot in a mixing bowl.
- Season with cracked pepper and fresh lemon juice and if you like a splash of balsamic vinegar.
- Place 2 lettuce leaves on each plate or small bowls.
- Arrange tuna salad mix on top.
|Average Serve||Average 100g|
|Energy||760 kJ||265 kJ|
|182 Cal||63 Cal|
|Protein||24 g||8.4 g|
|Fat, total||2.7 g||0.9 g|
|- Saturated||0.9 g||0.3 g|
|Carbohydrate||11.9 g||4.1 g|
|- Sugars||5.5 g||1.9 g|
|Sodium||233 mg||81 mg|