Baked potatoes are perfect inclusions to weight loss diets because they're so low in fat and keep you feeling full for hours.
At the recommended serving size, one serve of this recipe represents approximately 18% of the recommended daily energy intake of an average person.
- 6 large washed potatoes
- 2 cans red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can diced tomato
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 pkt taco seasoning mix reduced salt
- ¼ cup water
- 80g light sour cream
- 100g reduced fat tasty cheese grated
- 10g sweet chilli sauce
- 5g olive oil
- In a pot heat olive oil then put onions on med heat stirring until softened. This should take around 10 mins.
- Once onions are softened add the red kidney beans and taco seasoning mix stirring for 1 min. Then add the diced tomatoes and water, stir so all combined.
- Turn down heat to a simmer, occasionally stirring so the bottom doesnt burn. Keep simmering for around 15 mins, add more water if needed (should be saucey).
- Meantime pierce all the potatoes with a skewer, place on a plate and put into microwave for around 15mins. Check with a skewer, should be soft, if not keep cooking for a few more minutes.
- Once cooked, place each potato on a plate, cut across length and width so filling sits in the middle.
- Place 3-4 tablespoons of the bean mixture in the middle with letting it ooze out. Then on top place a tablespoon of the sour cream, sprinkle of cheese and drizzle some of the sweet chilli sauce.
- You might have some left over mixture, which will keep for a couple of days in the fridge.
|Average Serve||Average 100g|
|Energy||1640 kJ||374 kJ|
|392 Cal||89 Cal|
|Protein||20.4 g||4.6 g|
|Fat, total||5.7 g||1.3 g|
|- Saturated||3.0 g||0.7 g|
|Carbohydrate||59.6 g||13.6 g|
|- Sugars||12.1 g||2.8 g|
|Sodium||856 mg||194 mg|