This recipe features red kidney beans which are high in soluable fibre, help lower cholesterol, stabalize blood sugar levels and provide a steady, slow-burning form of energy. Even with the addition of 2tbs of light sour cream and 20g of light cheese, this recipe is low fat.
- 1 cans red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can diced tomato
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 pkt taco seasoning mix reduced salt
- ¼ cup water
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 2 tbsp. light sour cream
- 1 tbsp. reduced fat cheese, grated
- Drizzle Sweet Chilli Sauce
- 1 spring onion sliced
- In a pot heat olive oil then put onions on med heat stirring until softened. This should take around 10 mins.
- Once onions are softened add the red kidney beans and taco seasoning mix stirring for 1 min. Then add the diced tomatoes and water, stir so all combined.
- Turn down heat to a simmer, occasionally stirring so the bottom doesn’t burn. Keep simmering for around 15 mins, add more water if needed (should be saucey).
- Serve in bowl with a teaspoon of Bulla sour cream, spring onions, drizzle sweet chilli sauce and pinch of cheese if you like.
|Average Serve||Average 100g|
|Energy||1990 kJ||335 kJ|
|475 Cal||80 Cal|
|Protein||28.3 g||4.8 g|
|Fat, total||11.8 g||2.0 g|
|- Saturated||5.3 g||0.9 g|
|Carbohydrate||62.3 g||10.5 g|
|- Sugars||28.2 g||4.7 g|
|Sodium||1370 mg||230 mg|