English muffins make a great mini pizza base. They are inexpensive, fast to cook, tasty, and best of all, portion controlled for those of us watching our portion sizes.
If you're trying to lose weight, we suggest you stick with the low fat cheese though. This recipe is low sugar, low fat and a good source of protein.
- 1 wholemeal english muffin, halved
- 1 tbsp. tomato paste or pizza sauce
- 1 tbsp. reduced fat grated cheese
- 1 tbsp. red capsicum strips
- 1 mushroom, chopped
- 1 tbsp. sliced onion
- 1 tbsp. sliced black kalamata olives
- Sprinkle of herbs
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Place muffins on an oven tray lined with baking paper. Spread pizza sauce on each muffin
- Sprinkle low fat cheese over each muffin and top each with capsicum, mushroom, onion and olives then sprinkle with herbs.
- Bake in oven for 10 minutes or until browned.
- Serve immediately.
|Average Serve||Average 100g|
|Energy||1020 kJ||503 kJ|
|244 Cal||120 Cal|
|Protein||14.3 g||7.0 g|
|Fat, total||5.9 g||2.9 g|
|- Saturated||1.9 g||1.0 g|
|Carbohydrate||29.5 g||14.5 g|
|- Sugars||8.0 g||3.9 g|
|Sodium||776 mg||382 mg|