We have used approx. ½ chicken breast per pizza. Slice the chicken thinly but not too thin as you don't want to dry it out during the cooking process. If you don't have italian herbs then just use rosemary or thyme, and don't forget to season with cracked pepper.
This is high protein which will keep you feeling full until your next meal.
- 1 pita pocket, wholemeal, ‘light’
- 1 tbsp. pizza sauce (we used Leggo)
- 1 tsp. BBQ sauce
- 1 clove garlic
- 100g chicken breast, diced or sliced
- 2 tbsp. diced avocado
- 2 mushrooms, sliced
- 1/4 onion, sliced
- 1 tbsp. fetta, crumbled
- 2 sliced tomato
- Sprinkle Italian Herbs
- Cooking spray
- Preheat oven 200C (400F).
- Lay your pita pocket onto an oven tray which has been lined with baking paper.
- Spread 1 tbsp. pizza sauce over base, then a drizzle of bbq sauce then lay sliced tomato.
- Heat a small non-stick frypan, spray cooking spray and sauté onions and mushrooms for 5 mins on med heat. Take off heat; lay out on pita pocket evenly.
- Spray again your pan and cook your chicken breast, approx 2 mins, add garlic and cook a further minute. Take off heat and place onto pita.
- Crumble the feta over pizza, season with S & P.
- Bake in oven for 10 mins then take out of oven and place the diced avocado over pizza.
- Serve immediately.
|Average Serve||Average 100g|
|Energy||1660 kJ||566 kJ|
|396 Cal||135 Cal|
|Protein||41.2 g||14.1 g|
|Fat, total||10.8 g||3.7 g|
|- Saturated||3.1 g||1.0 g|
|Carbohydrate||32.6 g||11.1 g|
|- Sugars||7.8 g||2.6 g|
|Sodium||434 mg||148 mg|