This pizza has a pita bread for a base, which acts like a thin crust in that it highlights the flavours of the ingredients on top of the pizza. Take away pizzas will be a thing of the past when you see how quick & easy this is to make, and how great it tastes.
This is high protein which will keep you feeling full until your next meal.
- 1 pita pocket, wholemeal, ‘light’
- 1 tbsp. pizza sauce (we used Leggo)
- ½ chicken breast, diced
- ¼ onion, sliced
- ½ tomato, sliced or diced
- 2 small mushrooms, sliced
- 20g chorizo sausage (approx 1 inch), chopped
- 1 tbsp. grated cheese, reduced fat
- Sprinkle of oregano
- Cooking spray
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven 200C.
- Lay your pita pocket onto an oven tray which has been lined with baking paper. Spread 1 tbsp. pizza sauce over base.
- Heat a small non-stick fry-pan, spray cooking spray and saute onions and mushrooms for 5 mins on med heat. Take off heat; lay out on pita pocket evenly. Add tomato, diced or sliced.
- Spray your pan again and saute chopped chorizo for 1 min then add chicken with a sprinkle of oregano, approx. 2 mins until cooked. Season with salt and pepper. Take off heat and add to pizza. Sprinkle over grated cheese and bake in oven for 10 mins.
|Average Serve||Average 100g|
|Energy||1780 kJ||599 kJ|
|425 Cal||143 Cal|
|Protein||48.6 g||16.4 g|
|Fat, total||12.5 g||4.2 g|
|- Saturated||5.3 g||1.8 g|
|Carbohydrate||29.9 g||10.1 g|
|- Sugars||6.0 g||2.0 g|
|Sodium||722 mg||243 mg|