Falafels are made of chickpeas and usually little round patties, originally from the Middle East. They are very healthy and great substitute for meat. Usually found in the fridge section of most supermarkets.
This is high protein which will keep you feeling full until your next meal.
- 1 pita pocket, wholemeal, ‘light’
- 3 falafel balls
- 1 tbsp. Tzatziki
- 2 tbsp. capsicum strips (we used from jar)
- 1 tbsp. pizza sauce (we used Leggo)
- 1/2 tomato, diced
- Preheat oven 200C (400F).
- Lay your pita pocket onto an oven tray which has been lined with baking paper.
- Place your falafel balls in microwave for 30 seconds to heat. Take out and mash with fork. Layout on the base of your pita bread, then grate cheese, dice tomato, capsicum and bake in oven for 10 mins.
- Take out and place Tzatziki in centre of pizza.
|Average Serve||Average 100g|
|Energy||1180 kJ||491 kJ|
|282 Cal||117 Cal|
|Protein||13.3 g||5.5 g|
|Fat, total||10.7 g||4.5 g|
|- Saturated||2.6 g||1.1 g|
|Carbohydrate||30.1 g||12.5 g|
|- Sugars||7.2 g||3.0 g|
|Sodium||664 mg||275 mg|