You will notice the difference when making your own dough, the texture can be rolled a little less for a more spongy thickness or rolled more for a thin and crispy bite.
If you have the time, homemade dough is amazing, however if you are in a hurry you can use store bought bases.
- 1 cup high protein flour (pizza flour)
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. dried yeast
- 2/3 cup water (160ml) – must be luke warm
- Pinch salt
- 2 cups diced pumpkin
- 2 tbsp. crumbled feta
- 2 tbsp. red capsicum strips
- ¼ onion sliced
- Sprinkle Garlic Powder
- 2 tbsp. pizza sauce
- ¼ cup reduced fat cheese
- Sprinkle Oregano or Italian herbs
- Preheat oven 220C or your Weber Gas BBQ on high, we used a pizza stone, available everywhere in stores. We placed this in the oven/BBQ to heat up.
- In a large bowl sift the flour and salt. Make a well in the middle. Pour olive oil in well.
- Mix yeast and 3 tablespoons of warm water, pour into well and the rest of the water.
- With your fingers start swirling around and incorporate liquid into flour. This will be sticky to start with. Once all comes together into a ball, sprinkle a little flour on a large board or bench top,place the ball of flour and knead with hands for 1 minute. (if still too sticky, just sprinkle more flour until doesn’t stick anymore).
- Spray large bowl with cooking spray and place ball into bowl, cover bowl tightly with cling film and place in warm area to sit for 1 hour until dough rises.
- Place cut pumpkin, sprayed with a little olive oil on a baking tray and cook for 20 mins in oven, set aside.
- When dough has risen, take out, place on floured surface and with a rolling pin roll into a large circle. We used a pizza tray (available most cooking stores and inexpensive) but you can use an oven tray sprayed with cooking oil. Place dough onto oiled tray.
- Place pizza sauce onto pizza, don’t go to the edges. Sprinkle cheese around, garlic powder, onions, capsicum strips around pizza. Now place pumpkin and feta ontop, sprinkle with some dried herbs.
- Place tray onto pizza stone and cook for 12 mins, checking at 10 min mark.
- Take out and serve immediately.
|Average Serve||Average 100g|
|Energy||2520 kJ||644 kJ|
|602 Cal||154 Cal|
|Protein||21.9 g||5.6 g|
|Fat, total||14.2 g||3.6 g|
|- Saturated||5.1 g||1.3 g|
|Carbohydrate||91.6 g||23.4 g|
|- Sugars||12.3 g||3.2 g|
|Sodium||314 mg||80 mg|