It's healthy, tasty and making your own means you can control the amount of cheese and toppings. Instead of making the pizza base, you can of course buy one from the supermarket, but if you have the time, once you've tasted a freshly made base, you'll appreciate the difference.
- 1.5 cups high protein flour (pizza flour)
- 1 tsp. dried yeast
- Pinch salt
- 2/3 cup luke warm water
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tbsp. pizza sauce
- 1 med can good quality tuna drained (100g after drained)
- ½ cup cheese, reduced fat (8%)
- Handful Baby Spinach
- ¼ onion, sliced
- In a large bowl sift the flour and salt. Make a well in the middle. Pour olive oil in well.
- Mix yeast and 3 tablespoons of warm water, pour into well and the rest of the water.
- With your fingers start swirling around and incorporate liquid into flour. This will be sticky to start with. Once all comes together into a ball, sprinkle a little flour on a large board or bench top, Place the ball of flour and knead with hands for 1 minute. (if still too sticky, just sprinkle more flour until doesn’t stick anymore).
- Spray large bowl with cooking spray and place ball into bowl, cover bowl tightly with cling film and place in warm area to sit for 1 hour until dough rises.
- Preheat oven 220C or your Weber Gas BBQ on high, we used a pizza stone, available everywhere in stores. We placed this in the oven/BBQ to heat up.
- Place cut pumpkin, sprayed with a little olive oil on a baking tray and cook for 20 mins in oven, set aside.
- When dough has risen, take out, place on floured surface and with a rolling pin roll into a large circle. We used a pizza tray (available most cooking stores and inexpensive) but you can use an oven tray sprayed with cooking oil. Place dough onto oiled tray.
- Place pizza sauce onto pizza, don’t go to the edges. Sprinkle cheese and tuna over pizza, sliced tomato, spinach then the onion.
- Place tray onto pizza stone and cook for 12 mins, checking at 10 min mark.
- Take out and serve immediately.
|Average Serve||Average 100g|
|Energy||2630 kJ||681 kJ|
|628 Cal||163 Cal|
|Protein||38.9 g||10.1 g|
|Fat, total||12.2 g||3.2 g|
|- Saturated||3.3 g||0.9 g|
|Carbohydrate||85.4 g||22.1 g|
|- Sugars||4.0 g||1.0 g|
|Sodium||644 mg||167 mg|