This grilled chicken Caesar salad recipe is very high in protein and is low in saturated fat. Caesar Salad is usually served with a poached egg on top so if you like this please include. We have used low fat natural yoghurt as the base for the dressing however for a really creamy dressing substitue this with Greek Yoghurt.
- 1 cos lettuce – leaves removed & washed, base chopped and discarded
- 2 rindless bacon, diced (short cut) all fat removed
- 1 slice wholemeal bread
- 2 small chicken fillets, skin off (400g)
- Spray olive oil cooking spray
- 1-2 clove garlic crushed (or galic powder)
- 1 tsp. dijon mustard
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- 2 tsp. worcestershire sauce (or 2 anchovies)
- ½ cup low fat yoghurt (creamier option Greek Yoghurt)
- 2 tbsp.. light sour cream
- 2 tsp. fresh grated parmesan cheese
- Pan fry bacon with a quick spray of olive oil spray in pan. Set aside and once cooled chop into chunks or strips.
- Heat a griddle pan (or BBQ), spray chicken breasts with cooking spray and cook chicken approx 10 mins, don't over cook. Take off heaat onto plate, season with S & P and cover with foil.
- Toast your slice of bread then cube.
- To make the dressing, place all the dressing ingredients in a small blender (or use stick blender or whisk) and blend.
- In a large bowl, place chopped lettuce, bacon, dressing mixture and mix around with tongs until all ingredients are slightly coated. Place on plate, sprinkle croutons.
- Slice chicken and place on top of salad.
|Average Serve||Average 100g|
|Energy||2230 kJ||487 kJ|
|533 Cal||116 Cal|
|Protein||76.3 g||16.6 g|
|Fat, total||14.6 g||3.2 g|
|- Saturated||5.0 g||1.1 g|
|Carbohydrate||20.6 g||4.5 g|
|- Sugars||10.2 g||2.2 g|
|Sodium||703 mg||153 mg|