This grilled vegetable salad is a great salad to have in your reportoire of BBQ salads.
It makes a great summer salad for your BBQ buffets. It adds a different element and compliments other salads as vegetables are not first thought of for a BBQ. You can grill many types of vegetables, root vegetables work particulary well with the charcoal flavour from the BBQ.
- ¼ pumpkin, sliced thinly
- 1 large zucchini, sliced long, unpeeled
- 1 red capsicum cut into large chunks
- ½ sweet potato (aka kumara/yam)
- ½ large eggplant (aka aubergine)
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tbsp. greek feta, crumbled
- Splash balsamic vinegar
- S & P
- Slice all the vegetables thinly and place them on a plate, set aside.
- Coat all the vegetables with olive oil, either in a large bowl drizzle the oil and coat all vegetables, otherwise use cooking spray over both sides of all vegetables and spray the BBQ or griddle pan.
- Grill all the vegetables on the BBQ, around 5 mins each vegetable, then layout on a plate neatly. Season with S & P, drizzle with balsamic vinegar and then crumble feta on top.
- Serve with BBQ meat o as part of a BBQ salad selection.
|Average Serve||Average 100g|
|Energy||681 kJ||234 kJ|
|163 Cal||56 Cal|
|Protein||5.8 g||2.0 g|
|Fat, total||3.8 g||1.3 g|
|- Saturated||0.8 g||0.3 g|
|Carbohydrate||21.9 g||7.5 g|
|- Sugars||14.5 g||5.0 g|
|Sodium||135 mg||47 mg|