As an optional extra you can add some Feta to this salad recipe for an added taste and texture dimension. This recipe should only take around 30 minutes to make, including the marinating time, so it makes a perfect after work dinner.
- 2 small (400g) chicken breasts
- ½ lemon, juiced
- 1 lime juiced
- ½ lemon rind grated
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- ½ tsp. chilli or chilli paste, adjust to taste
- Drizzle of balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- S & P to taste
- ½ small bag lettuce (50g)
- 6 cherry tomatoes, quartered
- ½ cucumber slice on angle
- ½ red capsicum (aka bell pepper)
- 4 button/cup mushrooms, sliced
- Cut chicken into large strips, you should get 3 long strips out of each chicken.
- Place in non-metallic bowl with chilli, lemon/lime juice, rind, and garlic with 1 tbsp. of the olive oil. Place back into fridge to marinate, 30mins is fine.
- Fire up the BBQ or Griddle Pan and grill chicken for appro 10 mins or until fully cooked.
- Place chicken when cooked on a plate and cover with foil to rest.
- Arrange salad on plates ready for cooked chicken, drizzle with 1 tbsp. olive oil and vinegar.
- Serve immediately.
|Average Serve||Average 100g|
|Energy||1640 kJ||413 kJ|
|392 Cal||99 Cal|
|Protein||62.3 g||15.7 g|
|Fat, total||12.3 g||3.1 g|
|- Saturated||2.7 g||0.7 g|
|Carbohydrate||4.6 g||1.2 g|
|- Sugars||4.3 g||1.1 g|
|Sodium||104 mg||26 mg|