This low fat Tandoori Chicken Salad recipe is very tasty as well as being highly nutritious. It is also very versatile and can be enjoyed for lunch or dinner and served as a warm salad or cold salad.
- 2 small chicken breasts, skin off
- ½ cup Low fat natural Yoghurt
- 2 tbls tandoori paste, we used pataks brand
- 1 teaspoon crushed garlic
- 1teaspoon crushed ginger
- Squeeze Lime
- 50g Lettuce
- ¼ red onion finely sliced
- ½ punnet cherry tomatoes, halved
- ½ cucumber chopped
- 20g fetta diced
- ¼ cup capsicum strips, we used from jar or you can use fresh
- 3 tablespoons Low fat natural Yoghurt
- 12-15 mint leaves
- 2 tablespoons grated cucumber
- Squeeze lime
- In a bowl place the tandoori paste with yoghurt, garlic and ginger.
- If the chicken is very thick give it a belt between some cling film with a rolling pin or meat mullet so it is nearly even. Cut into long lengths and marinate in the tandoori / yoghurt mixture in the fridge. Make sure all chicken is covered with mixture. Marinate for at least ½ hour, more if time prevails .you can do this maybe in the morning ready for dinner.
- Spray then heat griddle pan or BBQ on high heat, around 5-10 minutes.
- Turn heat to med-high then cook chicken for around 10 minutes.
- Whilst chicken is cooking arrange salad on plates.
- Mix the dressing ingredients together.
- Once chicken is cooked take off heat and sit on a board. Squeeze ½ lime onto chicken. You can either slice the chicken and arrange on to salad or place chicken directly on top of salad.
- Drizzle yoghurt dressing all over the salad and chicken.
Servings: 2 Serving size:405g
|Average Serve||Average 100g|
|Energy||1550 kJ||383 kJ|
|370 Cal||91 Cal|
|Protein||62.0 g||15.3 g|
|Fat, total||9.2 g||2.3 g|
|- Saturated||3.5 g||0.9 g|
|Carbohydrate||7.4 g||1.8 g|
|- Sugars||6.0 g||1.5 g|
|Sodium||384 mg||95 mg|
This ebook contains 20 of our favourite chicken recipes. These include Cartwheel of Chicken, Spanish Chicken, Dijon Chicken, Risotto, Butter Chicken, Creamy Chicken Pasta, Honey Chicken, Honey Citrus Salad, Chicken Broccoli Bake, & more.
This collection of drinks recipes ranges from smoothies to juices. Most of these include fruit so they are a great way to tick off your daily fruit intake. This ebook includes 11 delicious recipes which you can print or save to your tablet or computer.
This printable eBook has a variety of vegetarian recipes including Risotto, Chickpea Burger, Vegetarian Fried Rice, Sweet Potato Bake, Stuffed Tomatoes, Semolina Gnocchi, Frittata, Curry Puffs, Zucchini Bake, Moroccan Tagine.
This printable eBook has great muffin recipes which include Apple & Cinnamon, Chocolate & Banana, Banana Almond & Cinnamon, Peach & Blueberry, Pear & Raspberry, Peach & Fig Baby Cakes, Gluten Free Choc Pear, & Banana & Sultana.
The Stir Frys in this printable eBook include Beef & Vegetable, Sesame Chicken, Beef Chow Mein, Chinese Orange Pork Stir Fry, Thai Chilli Beef, Vietnamese Pork Stir Fry, Beef & Blackbean, Ginger Chicken, Thai Chilli Pork, Vietnamese Chicken Stir Fry.
Winter time all you want is comfort food. These 10 recipes will satisfy your craving for warm filling dinners without the guilt. This PDF can be printed or saved to your tablet or computer.
If you are not on a carb free diet then this is perfect. Pastas are great to cook after work as they can incorporate vegetables and meat as a tasty, easy to make dish. This PDF can be printed or saved to your tablet or computer.
In this ebook there are breakfasts featuring plenty of fruit and vegetables, as well as dairy, and meat, so there's sure to be something for everyone. This PDF can be printed or saved to your tablet or computer.