This salad makes 2 side dishes that perfectly complement grilled chicken or fish. It would also go very well at a BBQ; just increase the quantities. You could add corn, herbs or even spanish onion if you like. Just use normal cherry tomatoes if you can't find the other varieties.
This recipe is low sodium, low fat, low carb.
- 1/2 punnet (125g) cherry tomatoes, red, yellow, purple
- 1/2 orange, sliced into segments, no pith
- Juice of remaing half of orange
- 1 tsp. sweet chilli sauce
- 1 tsp. white wine vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste (optional)
- Slice cherry tomatoes into quarters, place into a bowl.
- Add your orange segments, you can halve these if they are too big.
- Add the juice, sweet chilli sauce and white wine vinegar and mix so all coated.
- Season with cracked pepper.
|Average Serve||Average 100g|
|Energy||108 kJ||124 kJ|
|26 Cal||30 Cal|
|Protein||0.5 g||0.6 g|
|Fat, total||0.1 g||0.1 g|
|- Saturated||0 g||0 g|
|Carbohydrate||4.5 g||5.2 g|
|- Sugars||4.5 g||5.2 g|
|Sodium||41 mg||46 mg|