This eliminates the need for fattening cauliflower & broccoli with cheese sauce with traditional roasts. You can even make this as a side for 2 with no need for potatoes etc. or have as a side for 4 with other sides.
This recipe is low sodium, low sugar, low carb, low fat.
- 1/2 cauliflower head, cut into large florets
- 1/2 cup cheese, reduced fat, grated
- 1 slice multigrain bread, processed into breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 2 tbsp. cream
- 2 tbsp. milk
- S & P
- Preheat oven 180C.
- In a small/med oven proof dish layout your florets.
- In a small jug place buttermilk, cram, milk, nutmeg and mix with a fork until all combined. Pour over cauliflower.
- Season with salt & pepper. Place foil on top tightly so the cauliflower steams.
- Bake in oven for 30 mins then take out and sprinkle top with cheese and sprinkle breadcrumbs on top. Bake a further 10 mins or until tender.
- Serve as a side with some grilled meat.
|Average Serve||Average 100g|
|Energy||460 kJ||299 kJ|
|110 Cal||71 Cal|
|Protein||7.3 g||4.8 g|
|Fat, total||3.7 g||2.4 g|
|- Saturated||1.9 g||1.2 g|
|Carbohydrate||9.7 g||6.3 g|
|- Sugars||4.8 g||3.1 g|
|Sodium||140 mg||91 mg|