Made with wholemeal flour, reduced fat ingredients and the goodness of banana and almonds, you'll find them a perfect "just for me" snack or healthy breakfast or brunch dish to enjoy with a tall glass of freshly squeezed juice or a healthy fruit smoothie.
- 1 cup wholemeal self raising flour
- 3 tbsp. reduced fat margarine, melted (or butter)
- 1/2 cup low fat milk
- 2 tbsp. Greek Yoghurt
- 1 egg
- 3 tbsp. honey (or maple syrup / golden syrup)
- 1.5 large ripe banana, mashed
- 2 tbsp. flaked almonds
- 2 tbsp. almond meal
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 180, (160 fan forced).
- Sift flour into bowl then add cinnamon and almond meal. Make a well in the centre.
- Add egg, milk, yoghurt, honey, yoghurt and mix together.
- Once all incorporated add mashed banana and stir.
- Carefully fold through flaked almonds.
- Divide mixture into muffin patties and cook for 20 mins. (option to scatter a couple almonds on top).
- Take out and cool on wire rack.
|Average Serve||Average 100g|
|Energy||788 kJ||857 kJ|
|188 Cal||205 Cal|
|Protein||5.8 g||6.2 g|
|Fat, total||5.6 g||6.1 g|
|- Saturated||1.1 g||1.2 g|
|Carbohydrate||27.3 g||29.7 g|
|- Sugars||11.8 g||12.9 g|
|Sodium||169 mg||183 mg|