If you are on a restricted sugar diet, be aware these muffins contain half a cup of sugar between them, which you can replace with a sugar substitute if you like.
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. bi carb soda
- 4 tbsp. good quality cocoa powder
- ½ cup caster sugar
- 2 egg whites
- 3 tbsp. light marg spread (or butter)
- ½ cup low fat natural yoghurt
- 1 tsp. vanilla essence
- ½ cup almond milk (or low fat milk)
- 2 very ripe bananas, mashed
- Preheat oven 180C (350F). Set out 8 muffins in a patty tin.
- Sift flour, cocoa powder and baking powder together in a large bowl and set aside.
- With a mixer place Marg spread and sugar and beat for 1-2 minutes until sugar has dissolved. Add vanilla, mix, add yoghurt and mix. Stir in mashed banana.
- Separately beat the 2 egg whites until stiff peaks form, set aside.
- Heat almond milk in a cup in microwave for 30 seconds, add bi carb soda into milk and it should start to foam. Add to mix.
- Now gently add egg whites with a wooden spoon, don’t beat this in, and gently fold in.
- Spoon mixture into patty pans and bake for 25 mins, check after 20 mins with skewer.
- Place on wire rack to cool down.
Servings: 8 Serving size:105g
|Average Serve||Average 100g|
|Energy||805 kJ||767 kJ|
|192 Cal||183 Cal|
|Protein||11.3 g||10.8 g|
|Fat, total||2.6 g||2.5 g|
|- Saturated||1.1 g||1.0 g|
|Carbohydrate||34 g||32.4 g|
|- Sugars||16.4 g||15.6 g|
|Sodium||309 mg||294 mg|
This ebook contains 20 of our favourite chicken recipes. These include Cartwheel of Chicken, Spanish Chicken, Dijon Chicken, Risotto, Butter Chicken, Creamy Chicken Pasta, Honey Chicken, Honey Citrus Salad, Chicken Broccoli Bake, & more.
This collection of drinks recipes ranges from smoothies to juices. Most of these include fruit so they are a great way to tick off your daily fruit intake. This ebook includes 11 delicious recipes which you can print or save to your tablet or computer.
This printable eBook has a variety of vegetarian recipes including Risotto, Chickpea Burger, Vegetarian Fried Rice, Sweet Potato Bake, Stuffed Tomatoes, Semolina Gnocchi, Frittata, Curry Puffs, Zucchini Bake, Moroccan Tagine.
This printable eBook has great muffin recipes which include Apple & Cinnamon, Chocolate & Banana, Banana Almond & Cinnamon, Peach & Blueberry, Pear & Raspberry, Peach & Fig Baby Cakes, Gluten Free Choc Pear, & Banana & Sultana.
The Stir Frys in this printable eBook include Beef & Vegetable, Sesame Chicken, Beef Chow Mein, Chinese Orange Pork Stir Fry, Thai Chilli Beef, Vietnamese Pork Stir Fry, Beef & Blackbean, Ginger Chicken, Thai Chilli Pork, Vietnamese Chicken Stir Fry.
Winter time all you want is comfort food. These 10 recipes will satisfy your craving for warm filling dinners without the guilt. This PDF can be printed or saved to your tablet or computer.
If you are not on a carb free diet then this is perfect. Pastas are great to cook after work as they can incorporate vegetables and meat as a tasty, easy to make dish. This PDF can be printed or saved to your tablet or computer.
In this ebook there are breakfasts featuring plenty of fruit and vegetables, as well as dairy, and meat, so there's sure to be something for everyone. This PDF can be printed or saved to your tablet or computer.