They're also great if you would like to get some more fruit in your diet but aren't big on fruit a La Naturelle.By the way, bananas are a great choice of fruit to include in a balanced healthy diet.
If you don't mind butter and not worried about fat then use butter instead of light marg spread.
- 150g light margarine, melted for 20 secs in microwave
- ¾ cup caster sugar (aka superfine sugar)
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla essence
- 3 bananas, over ripe,mashed
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. bi-carb soda
- ½ cup hot milk
- 2 cups plain flour, sifted (with the baking powder)
- ¼ cup sultanas
- Preheat oven to 200C (400F).
- Set up your muffin tin and line with 12 muffin patty cups.
- In a mixer place melted margarine and sugar and mix well on med speed for approx 5 mins. Add vanilla essence.
- Turn speed down to low, add eggs one at a time until incorporated.
- Stop mixing and with a spoon mix in mashed banana carefully.
- Heat milk (in a large cup) in microwave for 30 sec so it is hot and add the baking(bi-carb) soda, it will foam.
- Now add to the banana mixture, gently.
- Sift in flour and baking powder together into the mixture, not all at once, in thirds.
- Now gently add the sultanas, mix in with a wooden spoon.
- Divide mixture into 12 patty pans and sprinkle some additional sultanas on top, optional.
- Bake at 200°C for 20-25mins, testing with a skewer in centre that no mixture sticks to skewer.
|Average Serve||Average 100g|
|Energy||991 kJ||869 kJ|
|237 Cal||208 Cal|
|Protein||5.3 g||4.6 g|
|Fat, total||3.5 g||3.0 g|
|- Saturated||1.0 g||0.9 g|
|Carbohydrate||44.5 g||39.1 g|
|- Sugars||20.3 g||17.8 g|
|Sodium||230 mg||202 mg|