You can top them with any fruit that you like - we have used banana for this recipe, which are a dieters best friend because they are packed with healthy nutrients and keep us feeling full for hours. Blueberries are very low in calories and are full of antioxidants and other health beneficial nutrients.
- 1 cup wholemeal self-raising flour
- 1/2 teaspoon mixed spice
- 1 tablespoon soft brown sugar
- 1 egg lightly beaten
- 1 cup reduced fat milk
- 1 cup blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1 banana, finely sliced
- 1 cup natural yoghurt
- Honey to drizzle
- Mix flour, spice, and sugar in bowl.
- Whisk together egg and milk until well combined.
- Combine egg and milk with flour and mix until smooth. Carefully stir through blueberries into mixture.
- Heat fry pan over medium heat and spray with olive oil.
- Drop 1/3 cups of mixture into pan. Cook until bubbles appear on top, turn pancakes, and cook until the underside is golden brown.
- Stack two pancakes onto each serving plate. Top each with sliced banana and natural yogurt. Drizzle with honey.
|Average Serve||Average 100g|
|Energy||1240 kJ||442 kJ|
|296 Cal||106 Cal|
|Protein||12 g||4.3 g|
|Fat, total||4.0 g||1.4 g|
|- Saturated||1.8 g||0.7 g|
|Carbohydrate||49.2 g||17.6 g|
|- Sugars||26.5 g||9.4 g|
|Sodium||296 mg||106 mg|