These muffins are easy to make as you are only combining the ingredients all together without having to cream butter and sugar. You have also the option to omit the olive oil completely, this still works well as you have the yoghurt which helps to keep the muffins moist. You can also use peaches or mango instead of apricots.
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 egg
- 1 cup self raising flour
- 1/4 cup natural yoghurt, low fat
- 1/4 cup low fat milk
- 2 tbsp. dark choc chips
- 2 small apricots, diced (if out of season, use canned)
- Preheat oven to 180C. Place 6 patty pans into a muffin tin.
- In a mixing bowl sift flour. Add egg, milk yoghurt and olive oil and mix until combined.
- Stir in choc chips and chopped apricots.
- Divide mixture evenly into patty pans.
- Bake for 20-25 mins, check with skewer.
- Take out and cool on a wire rack.
|Average Serve||Average 100g|
|Energy||742 kJ||977 kJ|
|177 Cal||233 Cal|
|Protein||5.6 g||7.3 g|
|Fat, total||2.5 g||7.3 g|
|- Saturated||1.1 g||1.5 g|
|Carbohydrate||31.8 g||41.8 g|
|- Sugars||11.9 g||15.7 g|
|Sodium||215 mg||282 mg|