And when we say quick and easy to make, we really mean it. There's no need for creaming butter and sugar. Just mix dry ingredients with wet ingredients. The only effort you need to make is to whisk 2 egg whites, but this is well worth it as it gives this cake a really light texture.
- 1 cup rice flour
- ½ cup almond meal
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 3 very ripe bananas
- 1 egg
- 2 egg whites
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 3 tbsp. light Marg spread (or butter)
- ½ cup Almond Milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla essence
- ½ cup low fat yoghurt
- Preheat oven 180C (350F). Line a baking loaf tin with baking paper and a spray of oil.
- Sift rice flour, cinnamon and almond meal baking powder together into a large bowl. Add sugar.
- Wisk 2 egg whites until stiff peaks form, set aside.
- Mash Bananas in a bowl and set aside.
- Melt Marg spread for 20 seconds in microwave and pour into dry ingredients, stir.
- Stir in with a wooden spoon - 1 full egg, yoghurt, and vanilla to mixture.
- Heat almond milk in microwave for 40 seconds in a cup. Add Bi Carb Soda to milk and stir, this should start to foam. Stir into mixture.
- Add mashed banana and mix in.
- Now incorporate half the egg white by folding in gently. Don’t beat it in as you want to keep the air bubbles. Then the remaining egg white until mostly folded in.
- Bake in oven for 35-40mins or until piercing middle with a skewer and comes out clean.
|Average Serve||Average 100g|
|Energy||922 kJ||673 kJ|
|220 Cal||161 Cal|
|Protein||10.5 g||7.7 g|
|Fat, total||4.9 g||3.6 g|
|- Saturated||0.8 g||0.6 g|
|Carbohydrate||36.5 g||26.7 g|
|- Sugars||17.5 g||12.8 g|
|Sodium||258 mg||189 mg|