These muffins are really moist and lovely. They have the perfect level of sweetness and luscious chunks of apple.
These low fat Apple and Cinnamon Muffins have only 3g of fat per 100g, but are as good, if not better, that regular muffins.
- 2 Granny Smith Apples, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup Castor Sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup natural low fat yoghurt
- 2 heaped tblsp Extra Light Spread (we used Devondale)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla Essence or vanilla paste
- 1 tablespoon water
- Sprinkle ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- Peel, Core and Dice the apple into large chunks. Place in a saucepan with water and cinnamon and simmer for approx 10 mins until softened but not mush. Take off heat and set aside to cool down.
- Preheat oven to 180C and layout 8 muffin patties inside a muffin tin.
- In a mixer beat margarine and caster sugar for 5 mins. Add vanilla and beat a further minute.
- Add eggs, one at a time on slowest speed. Don't worry if looks like it is curdled, its ok. Once eggs incorporated, add the yoghurt.
- In a bowl sift the flour, baking powder. Add flour to batter 1/3 at a time either by hand with a wooden spoon or mixture on lowest speed until well combined.
- Now with a wooden spoon carefully add the apple mixture, folding into the batter carefully as you don't want to break up the apples.
- Place mixture into patty pans and bake for 20-25 mins depending on oven, check with skewer in the middle that nothing comes out when pierced.
Servings: 8 Serving size:132g
|Average Serve||Average 100g|
|Energy||868 kJ||658 kJ|
|207 Cal||157 Cal|
|Protein||5.2 g||4.0 g|
|Fat, total||4.0 g||3.0 g|
|- Saturated||1.2 g||0.9 g|
|Carbohydrate||35.9 g||27.2 g|
|- Sugars||17.6 g||13.4 g|
|Sodium||155 mg||117 mg|
This ebook contains 20 of our favourite chicken recipes. These include Cartwheel of Chicken, Spanish Chicken, Dijon Chicken, Risotto, Butter Chicken, Creamy Chicken Pasta, Honey Chicken, Honey Citrus Salad, Chicken Broccoli Bake, & more.
This collection of drinks recipes ranges from smoothies to juices. Most of these include fruit so they are a great way to tick off your daily fruit intake. This ebook includes 11 delicious recipes which you can print or save to your tablet or computer.
This printable eBook has a variety of vegetarian recipes including Risotto, Chickpea Burger, Vegetarian Fried Rice, Sweet Potato Bake, Stuffed Tomatoes, Semolina Gnocchi, Frittata, Curry Puffs, Zucchini Bake, Moroccan Tagine.
This printable eBook has great muffin recipes which include Apple & Cinnamon, Chocolate & Banana, Banana Almond & Cinnamon, Peach & Blueberry, Pear & Raspberry, Peach & Fig Baby Cakes, Gluten Free Choc Pear, & Banana & Sultana.
The Stir Frys in this printable eBook include Beef & Vegetable, Sesame Chicken, Beef Chow Mein, Chinese Orange Pork Stir Fry, Thai Chilli Beef, Vietnamese Pork Stir Fry, Beef & Blackbean, Ginger Chicken, Thai Chilli Pork, Vietnamese Chicken Stir Fry.
Winter time all you want is comfort food. These 10 recipes will satisfy your craving for warm filling dinners without the guilt. This PDF can be printed or saved to your tablet or computer.
If you are not on a carb free diet then this is perfect. Pastas are great to cook after work as they can incorporate vegetables and meat as a tasty, easy to make dish. This PDF can be printed or saved to your tablet or computer.
In this ebook there are breakfasts featuring plenty of fruit and vegetables, as well as dairy, and meat, so there's sure to be something for everyone. This PDF can be printed or saved to your tablet or computer.