This is a very simple slice to prepare and is delicious to eat. Perfect for kids lunch boxes or work snack.
- ½ cup Light Margarine Spread
- ½ cup plain flour
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 cup Guardian Cereal Flakes (or Wheat Bran/Sultana Bran Flakes)
- 1 Cup Rolled Oats
- ½ cup raisins (or sultanas)
- ¼ cup cranberries or craisons
- 3 tablespoons Maple/Golden Syrup or Honey
- (Option to add 2 tablespoons slivered almonds)
- Preheat oven to 180C (350F).
- Line a small baking tin with baking paper and a quick spray of cooking spray. Make sure your baking paper protrudes out 2 sides so you can lift the slice out easily when cooked.
- In a small saucepan melt margarine spread, sugar and golden syrup, simmer for 3 minutes until all incorporated, remove from heat.
- In a large bowl place flour, cereal flakes, oats, raisins, cranberries and mix until all mixed.
- Now add the warmed syrup mix to the dry ingredients, mix with a spoon until all the dry goods have been coated with the wet ingredients.
- Place the mixture into the tin, flatten with spoon and make even.
- Cook for 30-40 minutes depending on oven.
- Pull out and let cool for at least an hour to set. Lift out of tin and slice into 6 or 9 small pieces.
- Servings: 6 Serving size: 87g
Average ServeAverage 100g
Energy1170 kJ1350 kJ
279 Cal322 Cal
This recipe was developed by Sharrelle Haywood.
Sharrelle is the Food Editor at weightloss.com.au. Her commitment and passion are to make recipes tasty, healthy and nutritious using ingredients which most people have in their pantry. Follow Sharrelle on Google+.