This low fat Pear and Raspberry Muffin recipe contains a range of high fibre ingredients such as natural bran and psyllium husk.
Fat levels have been kept down in this recipe by using extra light margarine spread instead of butter or regular margarine.
- 1 cup Wholemeal flour
- ½ cup Natural Bran
- ½ cup Psyllium Husk
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoon bicarb soda
- 2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 100g (3.5oz) Extra Light Margarine Spread
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 cup frozen or fresh raspberries
- 2 Eggs
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- 2 nearly ripe pears
- 2 tablespoons milk in a cup, heated in microwave for 20 seconds
- ¼ cup honey
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat oven 180C (350F).
- In a muffin tin place 8 patty pans.
- Sift flour, pinch of salt and baking powder together in a large bowl. Mix in bran and Psyllium husks and cinnamon.
- Mix with a mixer the sugar and Spread for 2 minutes. Add the eggs and vanilla a little at a time until incorporated.
- Place the milk in a cup, microwave for 20 seconds and then put in the bicarb soda, mix with a teaspoon, it will start to foam. Now mix with wooden spoon in the wet mixture.
- Slowly incorporate the dry ingredients, 1/3 at a time.
- Once dry ingredients are mixed then add the raspberry and pears gently.
- Spoon into 8 muffin patties, ensuring a pear and raspberry is on top of each one.
- Cook for 25 mins, depending on oven, check after 20mins with skewer. This is a moist mix so don't overcook.
|Average Serve||Average 100g|
|Energy||919 kJ||748 kJ|
|219 Cal||179 Cal|
|Protein||5.0 g||4.1 g|
|Fat, total||3.7 g||3.0 g|
|- Saturated||1.0 g||0.8 g|
|Carbohydrate||37 g||30.1 g|
|- Sugars||23.3 g||18.9 g|
|Sodium||336 mg||273 mg|