If you have a griddle plate this will give the zucchini great lines which will look great when presented.
We've used a 50/50 blend of ricotta cheese and cottage cheese to bring the fat levels down, but you can just use ricotta cheese if you want to.
- 500g zucchini (4)
- 250g reduced fat fresh ricotta cheese
- 250g cottage cheese low fat
- 12 Basil leaves
- 20g Balsamic Vinegar
- 5g Olive Oil Spray
- 5g Lemon Juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Thinly cut zucchini into long strips, using a mandolin will get you the best results.
- Spray Cook non stick pan with olive oil spray and cook zucchini until golden brown
- Mix ricotta, cottage cheese, lemon juice, salt and pepper together
- Layout zucchini flat, place 1 basil leaf, and spread part of the ricotta mixture on top and carefully roll up, visually like a pin wheel. Hold with toothpick.
- Layout on platter and drizzle with balsamic vinegar.
- Serve immediately with extra freshly ground black pepper if desired
|Average Serve||Average 100g|
|Energy||223 kJ||263 kJ|
|53 Cal||63 Cal|
|Protein||6.2 g||7.3 g|
|Fat, total||2.3 g||2.8 g|
|- Saturated||1.4 g||1.6 g|
|Carbohydrate||1.5 g||1.8 g|
|- Sugars||1.5 g||1.8 g|
|Sodium||66 mg||77 mg|