This soup uses a bbq chicken however you can grill 2 small chicken breasts and shred with a fork. Any leftovers, take to work the next day for lunch. As with most soups they always taste better the next day, and this is even suitable to freeze.
This recipe is low fat, low sugar, high in protein and dairy free.
- 1 bbq chicken, remove meat
- 1 x can corn
- 1 x can creamed corn
- 5 spring onions, chopped (aka scallions)
- 3/4 cup macaroni pasta
- 1 tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 tsp. sesame oil
- 1 tsp. grated ginger (we used from a jar)
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 6-8 chicken stock, salt reduced (start with 6)
- 1 tbsp. corn flour mixed with ¼ cup cold water
- S & P to taste
- In a large pot heat the chicken stock. Once simmering add the creamed corn.
- Then add the shredded chicken, garlic and ginger, soy sauce and sesame oil and continue to simmer.
- Now add the sweet corn, spring onions and pasta. Simmer a further 10 mins.
- Add the cornflour and stir consistently until thickened.
- Serve with crusty bread.
|Average Serve||Average 100g|
|Energy||1140 kJ||296 kJ|
|272 Cal||71 Cal|
|Protein||26.1 g||6.8 g|
|Fat, total||2.9 g||0.7 g|
|- Saturated||0.8 g||0.2 g|
|Carbohydrate||34.0 g||8.8 g|
|- Sugars||7.5 g||2.0 g|
|Sodium||794 mg||205 mg|