If you don't have any bok choy or pak choi on hand then use fresh spinach. You can definately add other vegetables that you might have on hand, just don't make them too chunky, you want bite size peices. The amount of chilli indicated will give you that lovely bit of heat in the back of your throat. If you'd like more heat, simply add more chilli.
This recipe is low fat, low sodium, low sugar, high protein, dairy free, gluten free.
- 4 cups chicken stock, salt reduced
- 2 med mushrooms, sliced
- 1 packet thin noodles, singapore or thin hokkien
- 1 bunch bok choy or pak choi
- 2 tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 tsp. ginger, crushed
- 2 tsp. chilli, crushed or sliced
- ¼ red capsicum sliced
- 2 spring onions, sliced
- 1 tbsp. fish sauce
- 1 chicken breast grilled then sliced or shredded (we used bbq chicken)
- In a medium size pot, bring to boil the chicken stock, then turn down to low heat to simmer.
- Add soy sauce, ginger, chilli, capsicum and fish sauce, simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- Now add mushrooms and bok choy, simmer for a further 2 minutes.
- Now add chicken, and noodles noodles may need to be gently broken up with tongs or fork.
- Taste, you may need a little more chilli or soy depending on your taste.
- Serve in a bowl and garnish with a little more spring onions.
- Servings: 2 Serving size:828g
Average ServeAverage 100g
Energy1800 kJ218 kJ
430 Cal52 Cal
Protein37.0 g4.5 g
Fat, total3.2 g0.4 g
- Saturated0.8 g0.1 g
Carbohydrate59.6 g7.2 g
- Sugars2.4 g0.3 g
Sodium631 mg76 mg