We have used snapper for our fish however you can use any white firm fish that is in season. Bacon can be substituted with pancetta or ¼ chorizo for a smokey flavour.
This recipe is low fat, low sugar and high protein.
- 400g firm white fish, cut into large chunks
- 1 leek, washed and sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 3 short cut bacon slices, diced
- 3 tsp. cornflour mixed with ¼ cup cold water
- 3 large potatoes, diced
- 1/2 cup corn
- 2 cups skim milk
- 2 cups fish stock
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- Squeeze juice 1 lemon
- Cracked pepper
- In a large pot heat ½ oil and cook bacon for 4mins. Add remaining oil and leeks, turn down heat to med and sauté leeks for 5-8 mins. Add garlic and cook for 1 minute longer.
- Place your potatoes and corn into pot with stock and milk, turn heat down to low and simmer for 10 mins or until potatoes are nearly cooked. Season with cracked pepper.
- Now add the fish and lemon juice, and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Thicken sauce with cornflour and water mixture, should thicken in 1 minute, and continue to stir.
- Serve immediately with a slice of crusty bread and garnish with chives.
- Servings: 4 Serving size:624g
Average ServeAverage 100g
Energy1880 kJ302 kJ
449 Cal72 Cal
Protein40.9 g6.6 g
Fat, total15.3 g2.4 g
- Saturated4.6 g0.7 g
Carbohydrate33.4 g5.4 g
- Sugars13.6 g2.2 g
Sodium782 mg125 mg
This ebook contains 20 of our favourite chicken recipes. These include Cartwheel of Chicken, Spanish Chicken, Dijon Chicken, Risotto, Butter Chicken, Creamy Chicken Pasta, Honey Chicken, Honey Citrus Salad, Chicken Broccoli Bake, & more.
This collection of drinks recipes ranges from smoothies to juices. Most of these include fruit so they are a great way to tick off your daily fruit intake. This ebook includes 11 delicious recipes which you can print or save to your tablet or computer.
This printable eBook has a variety of vegetarian recipes including Risotto, Chickpea Burger, Vegetarian Fried Rice, Sweet Potato Bake, Stuffed Tomatoes, Semolina Gnocchi, Frittata, Curry Puffs, Zucchini Bake, Moroccan Tagine.
This printable eBook has great muffin recipes which include Apple & Cinnamon, Chocolate & Banana, Banana Almond & Cinnamon, Peach & Blueberry, Pear & Raspberry, Peach & Fig Baby Cakes, Gluten Free Choc Pear, & Banana & Sultana.
The Stir Frys in this printable eBook include Beef & Vegetable, Sesame Chicken, Beef Chow Mein, Chinese Orange Pork Stir Fry, Thai Chilli Beef, Vietnamese Pork Stir Fry, Beef & Blackbean, Ginger Chicken, Thai Chilli Pork, Vietnamese Chicken Stir Fry.
Winter time all you want is comfort food. These 10 recipes will satisfy your craving for warm filling dinners without the guilt. This PDF can be printed or saved to your tablet or computer.
If you are not on a carb free diet then this is perfect. Pastas are great to cook after work as they can incorporate vegetables and meat as a tasty, easy to make dish. This PDF can be printed or saved to your tablet or computer.
In this ebook there are breakfasts featuring plenty of fruit and vegetables, as well as dairy, and meat, so there's sure to be something for everyone. This PDF can be printed or saved to your tablet or computer.