Option to add some cauliflower or peas if you like. Our portions are quite big as we think you will have this as a whole meal. Any leftovers will last in the fridge a couple of days however is perfectly suitable to freeze.
This recipe is low fat, low sodium, low sugar, high protein, dairy free, gluten free.
- 500g chuck beef, diced
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 sticks celery
- 2-3 cloves garlic
- 2-3 bay leaves
- 1 tsp. rosemary
- 1 tsp. thyme
- 1 can cannelloni beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 large potatoes cut into chunks
- 3 slices short cut bacon, all fat removed, diced
- ½ leek, washed and sliced
- 1 small onion
- 1 tsp. dijon mustard
- 2 carrots cut into chunks
- 5-6 cups heated chicken stock, salt reduced
- Turn on your slow cooker to high - approx 4 hours.
- On the stove top, heat a fry pan with olive oil and brown the beef, in 2 batches. After each batch place in slow cooker.
- In the same frying pan sauté onion, celery and leek for a couple of minutes and add to slow cooker.
- Cook bacon in pan until browned and add to slow cooker.
- Now add heated stock with thyme, rosemary, cracked pepper, garlic, bay leaves and Dijon mustard. Simmer in slow cooker for 2 hours.
- After 2 hours, add potatoes and carrot chunks. You might need to add more stock or water. All ingredients must be covered.
- Simmer in slow cooker until veg’s are cooked.
- Serve with garnish parsley or crusty bread.
|Average Serve||Average 100g|
|Energy||1150 kJ||222 kJ|
|275 Cal||53 Cal|
|Protein||26.3 g||5.1 g|
|Fat, total||8.5 g||1.6 g|
|- Saturated||2.6 g||0.5 g|
|Carbohydrate||18.9 g||3.6 g|
|- Sugars||5.8 g||1.1 g|
|Sodium||386 mg||74 mg|