This mushroom soup recipe has a naturally earthy flavour thanks to the mushrooms which is brought to life with the addition of garlic, leek, thyme and seasoning.
This recipe is low fat, low sugar, low sodium, gluten free.
- 1 kilo (35oz) mushrooms (we used mixture of flat and button), sliced
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 leek, washed & sliced
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- ½ teaspoon thyme
- 5 cups vegetable stock
- 2 tsp. cornflour, mixed with a little cold water
- 2 tbsp. cooking cream
- S & P for seasoning
- We used a slow cooker however you can use a pot on the stove. In a large pan heat olive oil on med heat and sauté the leek until softened, around 5 mins. Then add garlic, sauté for 1 min.
- Add the sliced mushrooms, stirring until starting to collapse, around 5 mins.
- Season with a good grind of pepper.
- Now add the stock and thyme and let simmer for 40 mins to 1 hour.
- When ready, with a stick mixture or pour into a blender whizz the soup until all the sliced mushrooms have been blended.
- Add the cornflour mixture, this will thicken the soup. Add the cooking cream, stirring in. Season with more salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with crusty bread.
Servings: 6 Serving size:430g
|Average Serve||Average 100g|
|Energy||365 kJ||85 kJ|
|87 Cal||20 Cal|
|Protein||5.8 g||1.3 g|
|Fat, total||5.0 g||1.2 g|
|- Saturated||2.9 g||0.7 g|
|Carbohydrate||3.4 g||0.8 g|
|- Sugars||1.3 g||0.3 g|
|Sodium||33 mg||8 mg|
This ebook contains 20 of our favourite chicken recipes. These include Cartwheel of Chicken, Spanish Chicken, Dijon Chicken, Risotto, Butter Chicken, Creamy Chicken Pasta, Honey Chicken, Honey Citrus Salad, Chicken Broccoli Bake, & more.
This collection of drinks recipes ranges from smoothies to juices. Most of these include fruit so they are a great way to tick off your daily fruit intake. This ebook includes 11 delicious recipes which you can print or save to your tablet or computer.
This printable eBook has a variety of vegetarian recipes including Risotto, Chickpea Burger, Vegetarian Fried Rice, Sweet Potato Bake, Stuffed Tomatoes, Semolina Gnocchi, Frittata, Curry Puffs, Zucchini Bake, Moroccan Tagine.
This printable eBook has great muffin recipes which include Apple & Cinnamon, Chocolate & Banana, Banana Almond & Cinnamon, Peach & Blueberry, Pear & Raspberry, Peach & Fig Baby Cakes, Gluten Free Choc Pear, & Banana & Sultana.
The Stir Frys in this printable eBook include Beef & Vegetable, Sesame Chicken, Beef Chow Mein, Chinese Orange Pork Stir Fry, Thai Chilli Beef, Vietnamese Pork Stir Fry, Beef & Blackbean, Ginger Chicken, Thai Chilli Pork, Vietnamese Chicken Stir Fry.
Winter time all you want is comfort food. These 10 recipes will satisfy your craving for warm filling dinners without the guilt. This PDF can be printed or saved to your tablet or computer.
If you are not on a carb free diet then this is perfect. Pastas are great to cook after work as they can incorporate vegetables and meat as a tasty, easy to make dish. This PDF can be printed or saved to your tablet or computer.
In this ebook there are breakfasts featuring plenty of fruit and vegetables, as well as dairy, and meat, so there's sure to be something for everyone. This PDF can be printed or saved to your tablet or computer.