We have been generous with this recipe as we think you would have this as a meal, so we have made the serves for two. If this is to be a starter you can then split between 4. If you prefer you can use rice noodles instead of hokkien noodles.
This recipe is low fat, low sugar, high protein, dairy free, gluten free.
- 2 cup chicken stock, salt reduced
- 1 cup water, heated
- 1 chicken breast, grilled and shredded (or bbq chicken meat)
- 2 tbsp. soy sauce, light
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tsp. ginger, crushed (we used from a jar)
- 2 spring onions, sliced (aka scallions)
- 2 tsp. sesame oil
- 1 egg beaten
- 1/2 pkt thin hokkien noodles (200g)
- 1 red chilli, sliced
- 1 bunch bok choy or pak choy
- Heat chicken stock, ginger, garlic, chilli in large pot and bring to the boil.
- Add soy sauce, sesame oil, noodles turning down heat to a simmer.
- Simmer for 5 minutes, adding spring onions, bok choy and chicken.
- Take off heat and add beaten egg stirring consistently for 30 seconds.
- Serve into bowls garnish with spring onions and chilli.
|Average Serve||Average 100g|
|Energy||1910 kJ||340 kJ|
|456 Cal||81 Cal|
|Protein||42.5 g||7.6 g|
|Fat, total||12.5 g||2.2 g|
|- Saturated||2.8 g||0.5 g|
|Carbohydrate||40.6 g||7.2 g|
|- Sugars||2.4 g||0.4 g|
|Sodium||1200 mg||214 mg|