We have used the dark green skinned pumpkin as it much easier to cut. We have boosted this soup with the addition of bacon and cumin giving a lovely aroma and taste.
This recipe is low fat, low sodium, low sugar, dairy free.
- 650g pumpkin, approx 1/4 of a whole one
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 slices short cut bacon, fat removed chopped or pancetta
- 1 large potato, peeled and chopped
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 2 cups beef stock, heated
- 1 cup water
- Pepper for seasoning
- Cut pumpkin into 1 inch cubes approx. and set aside
- In a pot, heat 1 tsp. of olive oil and cook bacon until browned, approx 5 mins. Add remaining olive oil and sauté onion, until softened, approx. 5 mins.
- Turn heat to low-med and add the cumin and stir for 30 seconds, dont burn.
- Now add the pumpkin and potato, with a wooden spoon stir so you coat the pumpkin with some onion and cumin mix. Season with pepper.
- Turn up heat and add the stock and water, pumpkin should be covered with liquid. Once liquid starts boiling turn down heat to half way and simmer with lid on. Cook for around 20 mins until pumpkin is soft. Peirce with skewer to test.
- Now you can blitz with a hand blender or use a blender until smooth.
- Serve with crusty bread, no need for any cream.
Servings: 4 Serving size:465g
|Average Serve||Average 100g|
|Energy||679 kJ||146 kJ|
|162 Cal||35 Cal|
|Protein||5.7 g||1.2 g|
|Fat, total||6.0 g||1.3 g|
|- Saturated||1.4 g||0.3 g|
|Carbohydrate||18.1 g||3.9 g|
|- Sugars||11.8 g||2.5 g|
|Sodium||180 mg||39 mg|
This ebook contains 20 of our favourite chicken recipes. These include Cartwheel of Chicken, Spanish Chicken, Dijon Chicken, Risotto, Butter Chicken, Creamy Chicken Pasta, Honey Chicken, Honey Citrus Salad, Chicken Broccoli Bake, & more.
This collection of drinks recipes ranges from smoothies to juices. Most of these include fruit so they are a great way to tick off your daily fruit intake. This ebook includes 11 delicious recipes which you can print or save to your tablet or computer.
This printable eBook has a variety of vegetarian recipes including Risotto, Chickpea Burger, Vegetarian Fried Rice, Sweet Potato Bake, Stuffed Tomatoes, Semolina Gnocchi, Frittata, Curry Puffs, Zucchini Bake, Moroccan Tagine.
This printable eBook has great muffin recipes which include Apple & Cinnamon, Chocolate & Banana, Banana Almond & Cinnamon, Peach & Blueberry, Pear & Raspberry, Peach & Fig Baby Cakes, Gluten Free Choc Pear, & Banana & Sultana.
The Stir Frys in this printable eBook include Beef & Vegetable, Sesame Chicken, Beef Chow Mein, Chinese Orange Pork Stir Fry, Thai Chilli Beef, Vietnamese Pork Stir Fry, Beef & Blackbean, Ginger Chicken, Thai Chilli Pork, Vietnamese Chicken Stir Fry.
Winter time all you want is comfort food. These 10 recipes will satisfy your craving for warm filling dinners without the guilt. This PDF can be printed or saved to your tablet or computer.
If you are not on a carb free diet then this is perfect. Pastas are great to cook after work as they can incorporate vegetables and meat as a tasty, easy to make dish. This PDF can be printed or saved to your tablet or computer.
In this ebook there are breakfasts featuring plenty of fruit and vegetables, as well as dairy, and meat, so there's sure to be something for everyone. This PDF can be printed or saved to your tablet or computer.