It is currently Fri May 07, 2021 2:04 am

Free Newsletter

Emma's Journey And Updates

Record your personal weight loss progress here.

Moderators: Dolly, Moderators

Re: Emma's Journey And Updates

Postby Blitz » Fri Jan 04, 2013 6:42 pm

They say a change is as good as a holiday. Try something else than what you usually do (like swimming) or try doing it at a different time of the day. Even do what you normally do different. Reverse walk your usual walk or exercise your standard exercises in a different order.

Another thing that you can try is refocus your mind to the task. I found reviewing my weight loss recording book very helpful. Just looking at what I've done, in how much time and figuring out future success based on past performance perked me up and reminded me how purpose driven I was at the start. Try your old clothes on...see what is now lose and what fits now that didn't use to. Get in front of a mirror and REALLY see the changes in your body. Notice the skinnier bits and see how more freely you can move than you use to.

Self talk yourself to success. I had sayings and mottos that I used as my default settings in my low times. Stuff like "failure is not an option", "no more fat guy", "how do you lose weight...one sweat drop at a time", "I started it - now I have to finish it", "That food isn't for you; you've eaten your quota of that in this lifetime" and "Can't jog the whole way? How about to the end of the street - you can do that at least?" (when I reached that I'd ask the question again). I would keep songs that would motivate me to continue in my head. Often a snatch of lyric would get me going. David Bowie's songs Heroes ("we could be heroes...just for one day"), Better Future ("I just want a better future"), Everyone Says Hi (this song is about regret of the past) and the Angels' Eat City ("eat city is going to get you!"/"oh no...cookie" etc this song is great motivator to keep you on the right path...and it's a cool rocking track to walk/jog to), Take a Long Line ("this is it folks - over the top!" just as you feel like giving in these words inspire; the Angels use this song in their concerts to kick it home to the finish...I draw on the memory of these guys giving it all only to top it even further and it makes me try harder). I have songs and dialogues continuely in my head to track me to success.

I hope you will find this helpful.
Kim
Was: 153.7kg
Lost: 87kg
Now: keeping it off for life!
Blitz

Postby AboutTime » Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:09 pm

Thank you so much Kim for you advice, I was waiting to hear from you... Bless your heart :) .... For now i will change my usual time of walking. I use to wake up early to walk like 7am.. i think i will change it to like 5pm when it is cooler. I would like to join the gym but bit to expensive for me at the moment. I really do enjoy walking , i just need to change things around...unfortunately i dont have any photos of me at 150 kgs so i cant look back in that way... But i can look at myself in the mirror and see the difference. Yes i need to do self talk and encourage myself also in this journey. I WANT to lose this WEIGHT and I will do it.. I will not start it only to pull out quater of the way. I will get to the end. It just seems overwhelming that i still have 60 + kgs to lose. Suppose a day at a time kilo at a time :) I am not gonna feel sorry for myself. I'm pulling myself together , standing back on my two feet and gonna go hard at it.. I know the Lord wants me to lose this weight. I will have such a new confidence for ministry when this weight is all gone. I will be more approachable and be able to approach easier. Im looking forward mostly to the real personality that i am.. confident, bubbly , socaliser, friendly and enjoy life and take head on what comes my way good or bad.. Wow the Lord is good :D

Thanks again Kim
God Bless you
SW : 150 kilos
CW : 131 kilos
GW : 70 kilos
AboutTime

Postby AboutTime » Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:17 pm

mesweet.jpg
size 12 75 kgs
mesweet.jpg (30.81 KiB) Viewed 5155 times
AboutTime

Postby AboutTime » Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:22 pm

This photo of me with the purple headscarf was when i was a size 12 and 75 kilos thin..... I put on alot of weight because of heavy medications and increased hunger was a big side effect of these meds. I now wear glasses because of my grave's disease and my eyes are larger because of this disease also. So i do look quite different now . But i just thought i would show a slim photo of me. I wasnt always a big person....I use these thin pics of me to motivate myself some times. ..This photo was taken about 4 and a half years ago. Since that photo was taken I put on all the weight that i have.... 75 kilos in just over 4 years. eewww hahah.

I am gonna work this body till it cries sweat....
AboutTime

Postby finallydoingitforme » Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:59 am

Oh no! Don't lose motivation!!

I have a saying next to my work computer which keeps me going:

It is worth it. It may be a slow, stressful process, but it is worth all of the blood, sweat and tears you put into it. Sometimes you cheat. Sometimes you don't exercise. Sometimes all you want is to be able to eat all the food in the world... but you cannot do that. You have already made the effort to start this journey. DO NOT GIVE UP.

I am on day one of this attempt to lose weight... Interested in a motivation / inspiration buddy?
SW: 101.3kgs
CW: 92.8kgs
GW: 60kgs
finallydoingitforme

Postby AboutTime » Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:48 pm

Hello finallydoingitforme,
I have my motivation back, yay... i Just needed to do some self talk and revision my vision and goal ....
What day of the week are you going to weigh in.... ?
I would love to be your current weight.... you have a good lead...
Yep one day at at time. If i think about about the future and all the exercise i need to do i get overwhelmed so kilo by kilo day by day and it will be done :)
I like your username ..... You can lose your weight.. Focus.... Vision...Goal....Apply :)
Looking forward to next week to see your loss results...
Are you using any particular diet ?
I am using a product called " Slimmm Shakes " they are really good.. i have shakes for breakfast and lunch then have a low carb, sugar, calorie dinner..... i have a small apple for morning snack and afternoon snack. Im not a fan of dessert so thats a good thing....

Keep in touch...
AboutTime

Postby finallydoingitforme » Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:04 pm

Woooo! Don't you just love it when you get your motivation back! It is the best feeling ever.

I must confess that i am a naughty person who weighs in every single day. I am not the most patient person, so I thrive off seeing even the smallest losses. This being said, I have learned not to sweat the small gains. It also makes me work harder to ensure I see the results. What day are you planning on weighing in?

I am not doing any specific diet per say - I am more focused on overall health. I do have one rule to stick by though - only whole foods. This means fruits, veggies, lean meats etc. If I don't know exactly what goes into it, it does not go in my body. I have also been very careful to educate myself about portion sizes. This is hard at first, but I found that once I was making sure I had the right serves of the right foods that the weight drops off.

I have dieted in the past, but this time it is forever. I am ready to walk every day for the rest of my life (well, I'm hoping I can run!), as well as eliminating processed foods from my diet. I don't need them!

It is super tough losing weight. I always get comments from people such as "you are beautiful the way you are" which sabotage me - so I am keeping it quiet this time. Of course people will see the results, but by then I will have started changing my habits!
finallydoingitforme

Postby AboutTime » Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:46 pm

hi there :)
Eating only whole foods is a great idea... I should apply that to myself also..
I weigh in each saturday... It would be good if you have a special day for recording your weight losses...
sunday is my break day which means i eat 3 proper meals instead of the shakes... Which is a good idea because i teach myself what to eat and what not to eat, how big the portion etc.
I have to admit portioning my plate is a difficult one for me... i tend to put small amounts on but i go back for second serve , most times...
I understand what you mean about people saying " you are beauitful as you are" i get that also.... Big is beautiful and all that..... it just shows they love us as we are, which is nice though.
You will find this forum real helpful if you keep active in it.. posting and reading posts.
There is a gent here named blitz he has lost over 80kgs . He is a true inspiration...He has helped me in times of trouble...... I wish to be one of those people who can encouage others also, I have set my goal weight at 90 kgs for now..... I look fine at 80 kgs ( i am large frame even when im lean) so for now im heading for 90 kgs.. a bit overweight but i look ok ... anything is better than 150 kgs that i was :D
I am a bit lazy i dont really like cooking that much so i have easy meals .. still low in fat and carbs but i should be cooking fresh veges. I eat alot of fresh fruit which i gather is good. I keep away from banana's as they are way high in sugar. I like apples, mangos and oranges.....hmmmm something to think about.... vegetables yaahhh...
AboutTime

Postby finallydoingitforme » Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:56 pm

I love my vegies! I have just started storing them better (I live in the NT, so have trouble storing food for over 24 hrs).

I find that if I eat dinner, then have a cup of tea I am full and don't want seconds! And I figure tea is so much better than more food... I also weigh / measure absolutely everything. In these beginning stages I need to teach myself what a single portion looks like again!

90kgs is an amazing goal! I usually get to 91kgs and then fall off the wagon completely! Just getting past 90 will be a huge achievement for me! You have done an amazing job so far!! I bet you really feel the difference!

My goal is to get to approx 60kgs. We are planning to start trying for a baby in 2015, and I want to be able to watch my belly grow each and every week! I have a relatively small frame, but carry weight well, so once I'm comfortable in myself and in a healthy weigh range i will reassess.

My husband has also decided that Monday is weigh in day - the one day each week I can use to really compare results
finallydoingitforme

Postby AboutTime » Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:27 pm

wow NT, very hot in that state this time of year ! I am in NSW
Good on you for being disciplined in eating vegetables..
Well i see the difference more than i feel it. I am sure if i put it all back on i would then feel the difference haha..
You have a great incentive to lose your weight by wanting to start a family. Also not only losing weight you will be able to see the growth of your baby bump but falling pregnant will be alot easier too, i assume .
So possibly 90-91 kgs is your platuea ( sorry not sure of spelling, ( body wants to stop losing weight )).. If you have support from your husband and here also, i do hope you can get past the 90 kg mark... I have been in the 127-128 kgs for almost a month now.. because my body is fighting against me , not wanting to lose the weight. It is very frustrating and discouraging, but i have decided i am gonna do this no matter what.... so i do hope weigh in next saturday i will be in the 126 zone....
When ever you feel the need to post please feel free too. I often check my emails to see if some have posted and i will reply if i can.
Its a good idea if you start your own thread here in this forum so you can keep sort of like a journal for you to look back on and for others to respond to encourage you....
Losing weight is not easy but it is doable and yes it has its challenges but when we face them we become stronger people.... You deserve to be that 60 kgs you have a vision for..
keep focused and know that you really do want to be lean especially when going through a hiccup
AboutTime

Postby Blitz » Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:05 pm

Em

Thanks for posting that old picture of you. What a great picture to motivate you. We're going to get that girl back! (...well ok - she'll be a few years older looking :lol: )

The thing about plateaus is that you have to be patient about them and not get frustrated or panicked by them. You body needs to take a breather every now and then. The only thing you can do is check your basics, mix it up a little and keep hammering at it. Sooner or later the body has to give it up.

Portion control and simple basic healthy choices is the way to go.

Success is yours for the taking
Kim
Blitz

Postby AboutTime » Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:23 am

Another Update.. I now weigh 125.8.. thats 0.8 kilos way from my Jan goal...
I have a new route i will be taking for my daily walk. It takes about 15 mins to walk that block and what i will do is go around it twice and gradually increase by one block every week or so.... My exercise could be alot better. I dont push myself enough.. i know thats true.... but obviously i have walked enough to lose 124.2 kilos. But now that it is getting a touch harder to lose this fat i need to step up my game.... so starting today i will walk 30 mins then 45 mins next week or so... I would like to eventually walk about hour and a half a day. I do enjoy walking alot while listening to my christian music.. so relaxing :) My big goal exercise wise is to be able to run 30 miins with ease... In my slim days about 5 years ago i would run about 40 mins daily and i was kept trim and fit... So i know i can do it. Its just gonna take discipline and work....
So yep all is good > and i am just as excited now as i was when i first started this journey...
AboutTime

Postby AboutTime » Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:49 pm

Feel great , i got complimented on how well i am lookinfg losing this weight.... :oops:
just thought i would share it with you :)
this lady who commented on my weight loss had lost 60 kgs herself.... thought maybe i could buddy up with her and walk together... maybe ... will see
AboutTime

Postby AboutTime » Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:28 am

Note : Its now time to take this more seriously. Eat whole foods, drink plenty of water at least 2 litres a day, take my vitamin supplements daily, exercise daily. Not only do i want to be slim and healthy on the outside but i want to be healthy on the inside. Pledge : I will from now on listen to my body speak to me. It will speak what i should eat and what i shouldnt and also how much exercise i can handle , pushing myself to the next level of exercise.

I am very confident I will reach my goal weight in time. Each day I see my vision of a new healthy person. Who is lean and trim. Yes, it is a journey and I am really enjoying it. I know my motivation and perserverance for this journey has come from my Lord Jesus. I could have really never have come this far by myself. I am so excited about being able to fit back into size 12 clothes and enjoying summer a bit more because i can wear sleeveless shirts and shorts and feel comfortable in them.

A new motivational saying I saw
" A year from now you'll wish you had started today "

Yeppity Yep I am Gonna Do This... Bring It On !!

xo
Em...
AboutTime

Postby Blitz » Sat Jan 12, 2013 5:30 am

I'm glad that you are stepping up the exercise. The extra muscle that you will develop will put you in good stead. It is difficult to get that balance right between doing no harm and not stepping it up enough. Upon reflection on my own journey I believe that I could have started jogging much sooner than I did.

Here's a little something for you to think about. There are two variables in walking/jogging. Speed and distance...how fast you walk/jog it and how far you walk/jog. By changing and mixing these variables around you will be able to keep your body's metabolism on its toes.

I think your mini goal is too far away. Get 120kg in your head lights before you drive on to 110kg. Keep that hare close to your nose to keep yourself motivated! :D

Kim
Blitz

PreviousNext

Return to Personal Progress