It is currently Sun May 09, 2021 3:25 am

Free Newsletter

Andy's Personal Progress.

Record your personal weight loss progress here.

Moderators: Dolly, Moderators

Re: Andy's Personal Progress.

Postby Cackleberry » Tue Aug 12, 2014 2:43 pm

Emotional eating affects many. Try googling it, there are a few interesting articles to read. I watch heaps of things on youtube when I get to that boredom you talk of. I am a sucker for reality tv shows and find a lot of them keep me occupied. Especially ones on weight loss at the moment. They are interesting and also motivating.

Just a thought - sometimes your own company is a lot better than being with others. I enjoy being on my own.

Exactly what i'm like too.
Karen

SW 79.1kg
CW 77.0kg
Short Term GW 69kg (10kg loss)
GW 58kg

Cackleberry

Postby AndyJ » Tue Aug 12, 2014 3:00 pm

Ignored the scales this morning, as I have been of late.

Last time I checked I was 88kg.

I am guessing 90kg would of been this mornings weigh in..
High : 136 Kg (Oct 2006)
Low : 76.6 Kg (Mar 2007)
Current : 87.15 Kg (13th Aug 2014)
Goals. : 78-79kg Kg
Maximum Allowed: 81 Kg
AndyJ

Postby Cackleberry » Tue Aug 12, 2014 3:04 pm

Weigh in tomorrow morning and start anew. Put the past days/weeks behind you. There is only one now and it's up (or should I say down down? lol).
Karen

SW 79.1kg
CW 77.0kg
GW 58kg

Cackleberry

Postby AndyJ » Tue Aug 12, 2014 3:10 pm

Cackleberry wrote:Weigh in tomorrow morning and start anew. Put the past days/weeks behind you. There is only one now and it's up (or should I say down down? lol).

I am going to give my body 2 days to get rid of excess food and water retention, so will weigh in on Thursday should give me accurate results.
AndyJ

Postby Cackleberry » Tue Aug 12, 2014 3:15 pm

Sounds like a plan :)
Karen

SW 79.1kg
CW 77.0kg
GW 58kg

Cackleberry

Postby admin » Tue Aug 12, 2014 3:52 pm

FYI
Here is an article which might interest you on emotional eating
Emotional Eating Article

Also a couple more articles if they are of any use:
Top 10 Tips to starting a plan
Changing our eating behaviour
Breaking unhealthy food associations

I hope any of these help you on your venture!
admin
Site Admin

Postby ganymede » Tue Aug 12, 2014 6:33 pm

AndyJ wrote:
I guess my head was in the Honeymoon period.

Relationship break up, which it was a very very bad relationship, my ex was abusive and put me through hell. When we broke up, I felt free, alive etc.

Then after a while, I felt alone, like i have no purpose any more. And I guess that is where the depression came in.
I miss being with someone, having someone there, something to look forward to every night.
I am on the Autism spectrum (Aspergers), so outside any relationship I try, I tend to keep to myself, so not many friends.

Many do not understand how things are when you suffer from a mild case of Aspergers, I work in customer service, in a busy shop, I face people every day, heaps of them, even work is extremely hard to do.

Hey Andy,

I'm currently on hiatus from the forum due to personal issues but I just thought I'd pop in to lend my support. If anyone knows what you are going through, it's me (and probably more people on here and elsewhere than you think!). Getting out of a toxic relationship, at the beginning, is like a huge sigh of relief. It's gut wrenching painful and chest aching heartbreak but deep, deep down you know it's for the best. Let me start by saying, you deserve better. I know the absolute last thing you're thinking about right now is putting yourself back out there to be hurt again. I certainly don't blame you, I'm in the same boat! I won't prattle on about my circumstances as I have enough on here already but I genuinely empathise. I know how horrible it can be and how determined you are in the beginning to do better, be better.

But the inevitable depression sets in and the thought of getting out of bed is like conquering a mountain. Who on earth wants to get up, get dressed, smile dutifully and go to work when you feel like your life is spiralling into a black hole!? Well, there's no easy answer but there is support. Remember, the mental part of a journey is extremely important, if not the MOST important! That also means taking care of yourself and giving yourself time to grieve (and everyone will do it in there own time, don't compare yourself to anyone else!). If you need to talk, talk! If you ever need to rant about anything or just have someone on the other end listening (or reading in the forums case), shoot me a PM!

I understand you try to keep to yourself so I won't push the matter but the offer is always there. I cannot understand what you go through with mild Aspergers, I can imagine it must be extremely hard. I don't have it but still find it very confronting being in large crowds or with people I don't know (or meeting new people). Handing shaking, heart beating a million miles an hour, heart palpitations, dizziness etc. It can be very debilitating.

AndyJ wrote:I am a bit of a geek, for years when I was alone I use to lose myself in games, little projects regarding something technical, I use to play with photoshop, make webpages and many different things.

Of late, I can't get into any of that, I try, and 5 minutes later I am bored out of my brain.

I guess that is what depression does, you lose interest in what you use to like.

I am what many call a "loner", I do not go out much, I prefer doing my own things, I hate anyone having some sort of control over me, which is why relationships tend to end with the girl going nuts at me for not being involved enough in the relationship. Although my last one I was involved a lot, which was hard to do, but I did it for her, in the end she abused it, abused me and now I am back to being single, which is ok, just have to re-adjust.

Trying to eat right and exercise as much as possible to fill in the hours. Done 5km to do so far, will probably do 10km tonight to start shifting all this weight I gained.

Problem is, when I get in that bored, depressed state, I go to supermarket and eat, I mean EAT!! U buy so much food, like enough to feed an army and eat it all!

I feel so stupid!

Depression I find comes in waves for me. Some days are better than others. Usually I just have to ride the wave and know that what goes down must ultimately come back up. I know that isn't always the case, sometimes I'm bone crushingly, mind numbingly depressed for weeks on end but I also have my not so bad moments too. Bear that in mind. I remember when my relationship first imploded, everyone was telling me "it will get easier". All I wanted to do was punch them in the face! :lol: But now, even after only five months, I have a clearer perspective on things. It doesn't mean I'm not grieving any more because life has been anything but easy but I can almost imagine that feeling of "things actually being easier". It's not so out of reach now, I guess. It takes time to heal at the best of times but dealing with depression as WELL, it's hard. It really is.

I am completely the same when I'm depressed. I will eat til I feel sick and then curse myself and say "tomorrow will be better" only to wake up hungry and do it all over again :roll: I'm talking KFC, McDonald's, pasta, giant choc chip cookies, entire blocks of chocolate, entire packets of biscuits... Focus on small changes right now, Andy... You don't have to go from nothing to all instantly. Reward yourself for the small victories, however small they may be. Try to put things into perspective. Try to imagine yourself 5 or 10kg heavier and absolutely kicking yourself for letting it get so out of control. Think about how you'd be looking back fondly on the numbers you are now saying "if only I was still that weight!" That is what has kept me focused and not let the rot set in any further. And don't deprive yourself! Want some chocolate, sure! A peanut butter sandwich, okay then! But figure out what you're willing to sacrifice to do it (a light day one day to make up for it the next? More exercise?) It doesn't ALL have to be about veges and healthy foods ALL the time! :lol:

AndyJ wrote:Ignored the scales this morning, as I have been of late.

Last time I checked I was 88kg.

I am guessing 90kg would of been this mornings weigh in..

Okay, so you slipped up. Don't beat yourself up about it! You will only make yourself feel worse and we need you in top fighting form for the journey ahead :) Weight loss isn't easy but it doesn't have to be torture either! So accept it, okay, possibly 90kg. Get that figure out there. What's done is done... even small changes in the right direction is better than steps in the WRONG direction. Aim for a loss, ANY loss. Heck, it could be 100g, doesn't matter! Start small and breathe. Sometimes you just have to breathe, regroup and get through the day. Remember, myself and everyone else on this forum are here to see you succeed. But we understand the struggle too. Don't ever feel like you can't reach out to us, that's what we're here for!

All the best Andy, talk soon :)
- Shelley

"You get whatever you settle for."

GOAL: To live life happy and healthy, to experience nature to the fullest through hiking, wading and climbing. To have that everlasting energy to achieve the things I want to achieve.
ganymede

Postby Blitz » Tue Aug 12, 2014 7:55 pm

Hey Andy...I think I know how the prophet Jeremiah must have felt. He could see the future and it was bad news but it gave him no pleasure at all when it came to pass. :cry:

But the good news is that this is an opportunity for a new beginning and a better future for you. The fact that you are posting and remaining publicly accountable is all for the good - and shows great character. It is this character that will be the seed to your success. :D

Never mind waiting 2 days before stepping on the scales. Let's call it for what it is - and deal with it now. So what if it is going to be more than it will be 2 days from now...all that means the loss will be counted as bigger - and more glory and power to you! 8) Define the problem...then you can apply the solution.

I have no doubt that you can lose this weight abet probably with more difficulty than the other times (which is natural as your body is learning how to combat your roller-coastering) but hopefully you will bring more skills to the game and get that head in the right place for success. Successful weight loss (taking it off - and then keeping it off) is very much about what happens in the space between one's ears. I'm very much willing to help you with this and believe firmly that you aren't too far away from that success. All you need is a few pointers in the right direction. It is closer than you believe!

As for depression...nothing like moving towards a successful outcome to chase that away.
As for autism, my daughter has a touch of it (can recall car number plates like Rainman - we got her into a good private school that was a great help)...also I reckon that if they had been more aware in my childhood they would have used that tag on me instead of "loner". Probably why I'm an entertainer...most entertainers are dysfunctional and have learnt to relate socially not so much one to one but rather one to crowd. :lol:
These things can be dealt with. Life is about growing, learning and moving forward. To quote a lyric from my favourite song don't stay in a sad place"...

I'm here for you...step up and let's do it! :)

Kim
Was: 153.7kg
Lost: 87kg
Now: keeping it off for life!
Blitz

Postby AndyJ » Tue Aug 12, 2014 9:58 pm

Will weigh myself in the morning..

Face the music.
AndyJ

Postby Blitz » Wed Aug 13, 2014 5:00 am

Excellent Andy!...who knows?...it may not be as bad as you think! 8)

I well remember the first time I stepped on the scales...and it hitting 153.7kg. I gulped with surprise, never thought it was that bad. As I got off the scales I steadied myself with the thought..."it is what it is...just deal with it!"
Then a new thought hit me...the scales said it limit was 150kg (and that scale had biggest limit that I could find at the time). I worried that I might end up breaking the scales but then said to myself "hey, you're not planning to stay over 150kg for too long any way so don't worry about it".

Hey Andy!...you're not planning to stay at that weight too long, right?
So don't worry about it...it is what it is...just deal with it!
...And I'm sure that you can! :)

Kim
Was: 153.7kg
Lost: 87kg
Now: keeping it off for life!
Blitz

Postby AndyJ » Wed Aug 13, 2014 9:04 am

Jumped on scales.

87.15Kg

Meh
AndyJ

Postby Cackleberry » Wed Aug 13, 2014 9:15 am

That's great Andy, not over 90kg like you thought. How do you feel about it? What's plans for today?
Karen

SW 79.1kg
CW 77.0kg
GW 58kg

Cackleberry

Postby AndyJ » Wed Aug 13, 2014 9:24 am

Cackleberry wrote:That's great Andy, not over 90kg like you thought. How do you feel about it? What's plans for today?

Well, had 1/4 oatmeal with ForMe no fat/no sugar strawberry yogurt for breakfast.

Wait about an hour, go for 5km walk.

Then I will just play games all day at home, healthy lunch, have dinner tonight and do another 5km walk.

Was advised due to my stress levels and depression to not go mad with exercise and create more stress for myself trying to lose the weight i gained, was told to take it easy, 2 x 5km walks every day is relaxing and non stressful apparently..
AndyJ

Postby Cackleberry » Wed Aug 13, 2014 10:43 am

Wow that's a long walk! Good on you. Would be nice to get out in the fresh air :) sounds like you have a healthy day ahead :)
Karen

SW 79.1kg
CW 77.0kg
GW 58kg

Cackleberry

Postby AndyJ » Wed Aug 13, 2014 11:06 am

Cackleberry wrote:Wow that's a long walk! Good on you. Would be nice to get out in the fresh air :) sounds like you have a healthy day ahead :)

I usually do 20km a day, lol.

5km is nothing to me.

Reason I was able to lose I think 20kg in 4 weeks once was cause I was eating 1200 Calories a day, 20km in walking and I worked on my feet all day too.

That seems to stressful to me at this present moment, so taking it a little easier, 2 x 5km a day should be suffice for a couple of weeks.

Just got back from first 5km, done it in 40 minutes.
AndyJ

PreviousNext

Return to Personal Progress